Jonsered CS2255

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the money you might as well keep it. You’re getting a 50cc saw for the price of a 35-40 cc saw at WallyWorld.

So you’re saying sell the little husky for a bigger different color one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the 2255 is heavier. Would be nice to keep both. The 440 for limbing and taking down small trees and the 2255 for bucking larger logs and taking down bigger trees.

Well the 2255 is heavier. Would be nice to keep both. The 440 for limbing and taking down small trees and the 2255 for bucking larger logs and taking down bigger trees.

Honestly the weight is negligible to me I could use the 2255 for all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed this thread is a couple years old, im new here. Our local bi mart store has a cs2255 on sale right now for 199.00 bucks.... im thinking of grabbing it. Any thoughts?

The 2255 isn’t a saw I’d buy but for 199 you can’t go wrong. It’s heavy for the power it makes but if ran across new for 199 I’d pick it up

Thanks for the reply. I bought it . The only complaint i have so far is i had a hell of a time getting it to start the first time. Also wouldnt start with the decompression button pushed. Tomorrow i will put it to the test, i have 3 pines averaging about 3ft in diameter to fall that have recently died from the beetle...

Will do. One is gonna be a hair raiser. Its gotta go one specific direction or itll take out powerlines and a shop building . Luckily its been windy here in oregon the past few days, from the west, which will help, and the tree is leaning that way already from standing into those west winds its whole life. Its actually probably closer to 4ft in diameter at the base. I figured on cutting a big notch out on the side i want it to go.... close to half way through it. Then ive got a cat 304 excavator which i will use to apply a bit of pressure on the backside as high up as i can reach. Then start a cut on the back side angling downward toward my notch. Does this sound okay? Any advice would be awesome...

I would want a 28 bar to cut a 4 foot tree. I take the 2255 has a 20? On a difficult cut I wouldn’t want to be underpowered saw. I think you could get by on a 3 footer. A 20 inch bar may give you 19 inch depth

Thankyou for the advice. Damn im glad i asked. I will let you guys know how it goes. I will follow the diagram to the letter. I wouldve totally made the last cut at an angle rather than straight. Thanks for possibly saving my life. Yes the 2255 has a 20in bar. I will go up and get an accurate measurement in the morning and let you guys know what it is before i do anything.

Back