Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200201_223422.jpg 20200201_222340.jpg 20200201_222403.jpg

Can she be saved. It's a craftsman 2000 top handle. Scored a little a lots of carbon. I tried to compressions test it but my tester did want to play ball. I got ot to around 105 -110. My other two 2000 woodsman saw both look good and max out a 120 psi so this ones alittle lower. Could she be save9

Attachments

• 20200201_222314.jpg
    20200201_222314.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 9
Mark. Wasn't aware u ere having surgery. My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hi Bob, Big Dan is the one going in Monday for surgery, hope it works out well for him. Myself, I had shoulder surgery 2 months ago come Monday. They tell me another 3-4 months before its close to normal. I ain't starting no saws for a while yet.

Hope things are good for you down south.

View attachment 794429 View attachment 794431 View attachment 794432

Can she be saved. It's a craftsman 2000 top handle. Scored a little a lots of carbon. I tried to compressions test it but my tester did want to play ball. I got ot to around 105 -110. My other two 2000 woodsman saw both look good and max out a 120 psi so this ones alittle lower. Could she be save9
That saws had a steady diet of 16-1 for a while it looks like. Of course it can be saved. Take it apart, decarbon it and put a new ring on it. I might have a new piston and ring for it if you need it.

That sure is a nice truck a beautiful trailer you got there, how many tractors do you take with you

I honestly can't imagine living somewhere that going to the mountains is farther than walking across the back yard.

That was the brother in laws truck and trailer, we were cutting wood for him that day. What you see there was all from the same tree, it was a pretty good size spruce standing dead. We were at about 9000 ft above sea level there in a place called snowy range.

That sure is a nice truck a beautiful trailer you got there, how many tractors do you take with you

I honestly can't imagine living somewhere that going to the mountains is farther than walking across the back yard.

That was the brother in laws truck and trailer. I have three tractors but we do not take anything more to the mountains than what you see in the pictures.
The mountains are about 100 miles away one way. Out here you just do what you have to for firewood.

Folks,

Haven't had the time of late to get behind many saws. Grabbed some rounds I had stored today. Took a green 3400 for a ride. Been too long, especially for the yellow CTC/Skil's holding up the back shelf. Fed it a decent log at the end of the day. Didn't push it too hard as it was beyond buried . I ran heavyweight oil in it to see if the pump was up to the task in the cooler temps. Still convinced these were more than adequate for the 16-20" setup. Healthy line of oil. Healthy pile of chips.

Eyeballing some 2800/3000/3.0 red/orange/grey carcasses on the shelf. Has the potential to be a colourful project.

Poulan 3400 - Full Meal (3).JPG IMG_8399.JPG IMG_8403.JPG

Folks,

Haven't had the time of late to get behind many saws. Grabbed some rounds I had stored today. Took a green 3400 for a ride. Been too long, especially for the yellow CTC/Skil's holding up the back shelf. Fed it a decent log at the end of the day. Didn't push it too hard as it was beyond buried . I ran heavyweight oil in it to see if the pump was up to the task in the cooler temps. Still convinced these were more than adequate for the 16-20" setup. Healthy line of oil. Healthy pile of chips.

Eyeballing some 2800/3000/3.0 red/orange/grey carcasses on the shelf. Has the potential to be a colourful project.

View attachment 794448 View attachment 794449 View attachment 794450

Lovely mate. Like that brake

Hi Bob, Big Dan is the one going in Monday for surgery, hope it works out well for him. Myself, I had shoulder surgery 2 months ago come Monday. They tell me another 3-4 months before its close to normal. I ain't starting no saws for a while yet.

Hope things are good for you down south.
Oh, Ok Mark. Obviously got my memebers confused. Yea, everything going well in Texas. At my age though you never know.

Well, I goofed. Tore apart a 2300 Cva and after removing the cylinder forgot about the rod needle bearings. Naturally one fell out and rolled/ bounced to who knows where. Anyone have any I can beg, but or barter? It’s either I find one or I’m going to have a bunch of extras.

If Todd ( LOL, WHOOPS, I thought it was Steve that said he had some rollers for thy crank, it was the fine upstanding, Todd, so I did an oops and corrected my error edit # 3 lol) doesn't find some, PM. Me and I can send you some. That engine is known to me as a Quadra 30, 35 , 40, or 42, cc versions. I have lots of them little rollers. And have bent a few of those cranks.

That was the brother in laws truck and trailer. I have three tractors but we do not take anything more to the mountains than what you see in the pictures.
The mountains are about 100 miles away one way. Out here you just do what you have to for firewood.

I know I am fortunate in many, many ways. I live on my 19 acre wood lot and I am still above room temperature.

I do have a little knowledge of your western wood situation. I have a niece along with her husband Travis and family that have been on a ranch as manager/herdsman below Otter creek for many years. My daughter and SIL spent a year at Brier Creek ranch south of Ashland, unfortunately family issues with a property problem back east here cut that short. I have a nephew in Bozeman that is a very successful licensed guide there.

My wife and I make annual trips to Rapid City, SD. Some of Donna's family lives there. We belong to the Crazy Horse Memorial, Keepers of Dream.

My Daughter and SIL Brad also spent a year recently at Moon Crest ranch, Northeast of Cody WY. Family issues once again cut that short. seems the ranch manager's son got kicked out of college and they needed a place for him, so Brad got called into the office and was told, we no longer need you, we are going to continue to pay you for 30 days but you have 30 days to be out of the house and off the ranch. I have VERY LITTLE respect for the Rockefeller descendant, Mr. Robert Model, the owner of Moon Crest, It is my somewhat less than humble opinion, that he is a perfect example of a waste of skin.

I have enjoyed multiple visits to your beautiful part of this rock we live on.

3k FPS,

I just noticed the very nice winch the BIL has on the front deck of that trailer. I am surprised he doesn't have stakes in the side pockets of that trailer and you are not winching 20' lengths or longer sticks out of the forest and up onto that for the ride home.

Ken

20200202_074248.jpg

I know I am fortunate in many, many ways. I live on my 19 acre wood lot and I am still above room temperature.

I do have a little knowledge of your western wood situation. I have a niece along with her husband Travis and family that have been on a ranch as manager/herdsman below Otter creek for many years. My daughter and SIL spent a year at Brier Creek ranch south of Ashland, unfortunately family issues with a property problem back east here cut that short. I have a nephew in Bozeman that is a very successful licensed guide there.

My wife and I make annual trips to Rapid City, SD. Some of Donna's family lives there. We belong to the Crazy Horse Memorial, Keepers of Dream.

My Daughter and SIL Brad also spent a year recently at Moon Crest ranch, Northeast of Cody WY. Family issues once again cut that short. seems the ranch manager's son got kicked out of college and they needed a place for him, so Brad got called into the office and was told, we no longer need you, we are going to continue to pay you for 30 days but you have 30 days to be out of the house and off the ranch. I have VERY LITTLE respect for the Rockefeller descendant, Mr. Robert Model, the owner of Moon Crest, It is my somewhat less than humble opinion, that he is a perfect example of a waste of skin.

I have enjoyed multiple visits to your beautiful part of this rock we live on.

3k FPS,

I just noticed the very nice winch the BIL has on the front deck of that trailer. I am surprised he doesn't have stakes in the side pockets of that trailer and you are not winching 20' lengths or longer sticks out of the forest and up onto that for the ride home.

Ken

View attachment 794457

Yes that is a gas powered winch that is at the front of the trailer. We cut the logs to 7ft long and will lay out the winch cable, roll the log up on it and loop it around and then winch it up on the trailer. On the smaller logs we can do 3 to 4 logs at a time.

Yep I see from your pic there is plenty of wood right out the back door.

That was the brother in laws truck and trailer, we were cutting wood for him that day. What you see there was all from the same tree, it was a pretty good size spruce standing dead. We were at about 9000 ft above sea level there in a place called snowy range.

Every other year we drive up to Saratoga & fish the Encampment & North Platte rivers for 4-5 days. Big rainbows & some big browns.

The snowy range is where we first go to catch some brook trout in the ponds/lakes after a hike to the top. Best eating fish that God ever created! Fried Brookies are what we have for our first dinner, lol.

Very nice area to call close to home!

Back