Car brands vs chainsaw brands .. what goes together.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantico

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just for fun... lets match up chainsaw brands and what brand of car they would be price wise... repair wise... reliability ... complex and hard to fix vs simple stupid easy to repair...

The new stihl 500i i think is going to be like the porsche 911... cutting edge performance. Expensive. Reliable , but if something fails it could exceed the value its worth.. beautiful, easy to notice..

I have always been a small block Chevy fan with the muscle cars of the late 60's.
We would say the engine drive train and headers/exhaust came appart and went together like a zipper. High revving, good looking, parts were a dime a dozen. Great engines to build up. Reliable and simple.
I would have to have the old' 372 oe in mind for me as I didn't work on any 2 series saws in those first 7 yrs I ran them (OR ever)
Really nothing went wrong major except excessive use with saws from both series I have used professionally.

Stihl and ford are hand in hand with reliability.

Thats why i use husky and drive a Ram.

Sorry. Had to poke the bear. [emoji23]. You lead us to the cave.

PS. I like Stihl and ford[emoji6]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Stihl=honda....dead reliable.

Husqvarna=kia....always falling apart.

Echo=duramax...good engines but ****** suspension

It didnt leak no oil did it?

Not at all. slant 6 225. 3000 miles and oil was still full

My ex-GF volks bug used oil like crazy, more so when the the front crank seal crapped the bed. I hated learning how to replace air cooled volks motors. Only thing that leaked worse were Harleys.

Another friend had a 4-cly Chevy Vega, He kept 2-gallons of drain oil handy when he had to buy gas. They had POS silicon cylinder walls

Hmmm,

Dodge, literally looses parts driving down the road, Husqvarna drops parts while cutting. Both will still run, just a bit dodgy to keep on task.

Toyota, people buy them for reliability seem happy enough with performance. New models need a good bit of time to sort out the bugs while the customers waits and waits to get the product they bought back from the dealer after multiple trips to the dealer that could not find the problem to begin with. Yeah, that would be Stihl.

Honda=Echo.

Nissan, Subaru, people only certain people think they are great, everybody else shrugs and politely says they are nice, super polite people are curious where it came from. Sounds like Dolmar.

Ford, those would be Poulans.

GM products are the knockoff Chinese no brand saws. Their best products are somebody else’s design that GM ruins when it gets involved.

Hmmm,

Dodge, literally looses parts driving down the road, Husqvarna drops parts while cutting. Both will still run, just a bit dodgy to keep on task.

Toyota, people buy them for reliability seem happy enough with performance. New models need a good bit of time to sort out the bugs while the customers waits and waits to get the product they bought back from the dealer after multiple trips to the dealer that could not find the problem to begin with. Yeah, that would be Stihl.

Honda=Echo.

Nissan, Subaru, people only certain people think they are great, everybody else shrugs and politely says they are nice, super polite people are curious where it came from. Sounds like Dolmar.

Ford, those would be Poulans.

GM products are the knockoff Chinese no brand saws. Their best products are somebody else’s design that GM ruins when it gets involved.

The isuzu duramax makes ungodly power but you cant keep the running gear together. But yeah gm ****ed that up.

Latest posts

Back