any idea what kind of saw this is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbas_son

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It's nailed up inside my Dad's barn... yet another mystery haha.. please let me know what you think it is.

Thanks,
JanoIMG_20171029_152750.jpg

It uses a Chrysler two stroke motor, I had a nos Chrysler two stroke motor and the starter housing looked exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0433.jpg 5500.jpg 5508.jpg 5659.jpg 5722.jpg 5803.jpg Wanted to update with new pictures, now that Have finally gotten back to the barn and removed the saw from the wall.

Engine is a West Bend Power Bee model 50004.

I have searched but have been unable to find an answer as to what this saw is. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jano

82cc, nice.

You could wrap a piece of rope around the recoil pulley to give it a spin and see if it has spark. That could even be how the saw had been started after the recoil was gone...

Looks like it might be a Lancaster five-60 SL. Best I can tell anyway. Modifiedmark, thanks for pointing me in the direction of Lancaster!

Tomorrow I will try to wrap a rope on the recoil pulley to check for spark.

If it doesn't have spark, it might just need the points gapped / cleaned, which would require removing the flywheel but that's not a horrible task. It supposedly has a Wico ignition, same as my PM 270 Canadien, and my ignition still works perfectly. If your saw has a Tillotson carb they can be serviced / rebuilt. It looks like you just need to find a tank cap?

You can assume a lot of cleaning carb parts and the inside of the tank, and likely fuel lines.

It ah

Latest posts

Back