Your Experience 500i & 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleep on it. Wake up with a fresh mind. That’s what I do if I feel it’s a impulse type decision. I usually go with my gut instinct, but when I get the itch and need to take a step back, a night of sleep will help clear things.
Thanks for the great advice, I have been thinking of either the 500i or 661 for a few months now, but just haven’t pulled the trigger yet although I have gone off the 500i after playing with a couple of 660’s I saw online. The buzz and torque on the larger saws are fantastic. I know I don’t have any need for one , but you don’t buy a super bike
For the need of 200mph! We buy things for enjoyment more often than not right?

I’m doing my best to convince my wife I need a 90cc saw any chance i get. Been working on it for 6 months. I always hear all these things like, car payment is due, that damn tractor payment is due, you know the one you just had to have! I always tell her, yes dear and I bought you a very nice bit of shiny gold and diamonds... don’t thrash my fun!

I’m doing my best to convince my wife I need a 90cc saw any chance i get. Been working on it for 6 months. I always hear all these things like, car payment is due, that damn tractor payment is due, you know the one you just had to have! I always tell her, yes dear and I bought you a very nice bit of shiny gold and diamonds... don’t thrash my fun!
Haha but you have a use for one, you own a farm, man if I had even a small property I’d own a 661! Thankfully we keep all our money seperate and just have a joint account for food etc so my money is mine!

Oh hell I didn’t know Tom was selling kangaroo strops! My brother in law is an amateur knife maker and has done some good work and a bit Roo skin for a strop would be just the ticket for a present on his birthday. He would be pretty surprised, I will have to do a bit of research, may contact you in a little while.

Cool, how do I buy, what options, can you send to my sis in Sydney who is coming over in a few months and will that be within your lead times? Cheers.

Cool, how do I buy, what options, can you send to my sis in Sydney who is coming over in a few months and will that be within your lead times? Cheers.
Sure :) roughly a 12 -14 week wait (give or take!)

I highly recommend getting the pair of slojd strops (on 20% discount at the moment at 80 Aussi dollars plus postage) one is leather and one is suede (highly recommend watching my
YouTube channel to see how they are used as each one is used differently) . I just need your email address to invoice you :) maybe send it to me in a private message! yes I can post to Aussi!

Sure :) roughly a 12 -14 week wait (give or take!)

I highly recommend getting the pair of slojd strops (on 20% discount at the moment at 80 Aussi dollars plus postage) one is leather and one is suede (highly recommend watching my
YouTube channel to see how they are used as each one is used differently) . I just need your email address to invoice you :) maybe send it to me in a private message! yes I can post to Aussi!
Thanks, just found you on youtube. TBH I thought your username here on AS was a piss-take (most of the Aussie's I know are masters at it, usually at my expense), but there's such a thing as spoon carving. I'm a bit dim and never knew. Live and learn. Will PM you.

Oh my goodness.... I use to be a body builder and my partner sometimes says I should get back to the gym! A great reason to buy a 661...!

you may have just convinced me to get a 661 - fitness!!

You dont need a gym membership if you cut and collect your own firewood.

You need your own personal Physio

Back