288 281 pro safety full wrap???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Reaction score
I just picked up a 281xp with a pro safety full wrap....well it use to be a full wrap but someone cut it into a half wrap. Google doesn't bring anything up, so does anyone have a pic or knowledge of such a thing?

Interesting nobody has any info. Makes me wonder if it’s that rare or someone made this handle work on the 281 but it’s not meant for it
7D57490D-D822-4A17-809D-39826EAADFEB.jpeg 58E933E1-A696-488A-A308-F4F5840D75E2.jpeg

Yeah, Pro Safety actually started with the full-wraps for the 2** series Huskies. I first remember seeing them on the scene around 1990 or 1991. They may have been around before that but
I was in high school then. The fact that yours has "Patent Pending" stamping into the mounting block indicates that it is a very early one. They made full-wraps and big dawgs for many pro
saws from the late 80's to present. The "Eliminator" cover your saw has dates from the same era.

Yeah, Pro Safety actually started with the full-wraps for the 2** series Huskies. I first remember seeing them on the scene around 1990 or 1991. They may have been around before that but
I was in high school then. The fact that yours has "Patent Pending" stamping into the mounting block indicates that it is a very early one. They made full-wraps and big dawgs for many pro
saws from the late 80's to present. The "Eliminator" cover your saw has dates from the same era.

Thank you! I’ve seen both the wraps and spikes on other saws just not on a 281/288 before. The saw is a 1982. Clearly once was a fallers saw. Dual port muffler, eliminator cover, pro safety wrap. Whoever’s it was like to spend coin on his saw.

Thank you! I’ve seen both the wraps and spikes on other saws just not on a 281/288 before. The saw is a 1982. Clearly once was a fallers saw. Dual port muffler, eliminator cover, pro safety wrap. Whoever’s it was like to spend coin on his saw.

Probably what happened to it was the faller sold it to someone who then used it for milling, which is why the handle was cut-off. That's pretty common - I got an 090 from a friend of a friend that has the same deal.

Probably what happened to it was the faller sold it to someone who then used it for milling, which is why the handle was cut-off. That's pretty common - I got an 090 from a friend of a friend that has the same deal.

quite possible. I always assume it was dropped lol. Either way it’s getting rebuilt but staying ugly. Some people like badass ugly saws.

Back