Is this a aftermarket handle on this stihl flat top 066?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking about the handlebar or the tank? As far as I know, no one is making aftermarket tanks for the older flat-top 066s and the tanks are not
the same as the newer rounded-top 066s and MS-660s.

I'd need to see more pictures of it to determine if it's OEM or aftermarket. But like I say, I'm not aware of anyone making aftermarket tanks for those older 066s.

I think its aftermarket, and yes you can buy a Asian one on ebay for a 044.

I think its aftermarket, and yes you can buy a Asian one on ebay for a 044.

An 044 tank is much different from an 066 tank and just because you can buy an aftermarket 044 tank, doesn't mean there's one available for the older 066s.

I'm looking at Ebay and Amazon right now and I'm not seeing any aftermarket tanks for the older 066s. Some sellers are claiming the aftermarket tanks for rounded-top 066/MS-660
are the same as the tanks for the 064/older 066s but that's not the case. The tanks for the rounded-top 066s/MS-660s are wider and use a different filter base.

Ok I got my saws mixed up when I said 044 I was meaning 066 (past retirement age). I see what your saying the 660 would have the flippy caps. So we can conclude this is original. Thank You Sir!

Back