Cylinder scoring/scratches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welderman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a dumb question. I just picked up a new to me saw today. A poulan 5020. It had good compression he showed me with a test. It was a very clean saw so I thought what the heck and bought it. Once I got it home I pulled the plug and muffler to check it out. It had a few little scratches and a little score make in the bore. What will this hurt. It kinda looks like the inside of a reman but he said he bought it new. Thank you

If compression is still good i say run it.

But im not a mechanic

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Are these tiny little scratches, the kind 90% of Chinese-cast pistons out there have, or big deep scratches, the kind caused by air leaks, straight gas etc? Post pictures.

It was hard to get a decent picture . Has a line in the front of the piston and one close to the same location on the jug. I test the compression and it pulled 165 psi

I say, run it. Looks like it to had a diet of 16 to 1 fuel. Put it work and enjoy it.

Ken

Ok thank you I was kinda bummed when I opened it up and saw the Mark's. It's just a little on the jug and a little on the piston. I tried to get a better picture but no luck it is just scored in that little section both the piston and jug. I will put it to work and see how long she lasts lol

Latest posts

Back