• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MS460 BUILDER PRICE REDUCED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This saw was varnished up. Piston was stuck in bore. U can see the varnish on the intake side of piston. Got it free letting PB blaster sit inside the case and chamber overnite. Worked and cylinder is really nice! Faint almost non existent hair lines. No gouges or missing plating. Piston looks like it was just starting to lean score. Its damn near sandable If u wer on a budget. . The pb started to bubble the powder coat in the bottom of the case. Kinda sucks but it shouldnt be an issue to clean cuz this one needs bearings. Think it ate a few of the cages cuz i can visually see bearings stacked on each other. Spins smooth but not trustworthy. Big rod end is good. Whats in the pics is what is there. Plus a front dog. I forgot to put that on in the pics. Really needs a clutch cover, top cover, AF, and a few smalls like replaceable stuff in a rebuild. Also u can see it looks like it got whacked in the carb box right side. A lil kink but it doesnt look to be detrimental to anything, and the back of the tank handle has a small crack from the hit as well. I grabbed it with both hands and tried to break it. Couldn't even get the crack to open. Its solid as a rock. Lets say $250 FnF or add 3% plus shipping.IMG_7667.JPGIMG_7668.JPGIMG_7669.JPGIMG_7670.JPGIMG_7671.JPG

Howy crap Nick - this bisch ain’t sailed yet. I sure like me some Stihl- 460 here is a sweety. Any partial trade interest? I sure keep lookin at it lol

Wow I gotta ask how did you get the cylinder so clean? Mine never turn out looking that good. :(
There was pretty much no transfer. A few minor scrapes so clean up was a breeze on this one. Just used a lil 80grit on a mandel and clean it up a pinch by the blemises. Usually go around the whole cylinder just a fuzz anyways. Then i use red scotchbright on a 2" round mandrel that chucks up in the drill. Give her the up and down and round and round for a min or so and thats it. If need be ill sand the port edges if there is a chip or something but thats the usual what i do to a cylinder to clean it. The monkey man has a youtube video on it that is pretty much the standard everyone uses.
Check it out. And thank u for the compliment :D

Back