Jonsered CS2255

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a tight fall I use a strong rope and snatch block and tractor pulling in safe direction and make tree fall toward where my snatch block is anchored. Don’t overpull just keep line tight and slack out of line. Steady careful pressure

If you have a tight fall I use a strong rope and snatch block and tractor pulling in safe direction and make tree fall toward where my snatch block is anchored. Don’t overpull just keep line tight and slack out of line. Steady careful pressure
Ya know i thought of that. Ive got a really long 3/4in rope i was thinking of trying to loop around the tree as high up as i could get then hook it to a wheel tractor way out past where the tree will fall. Is the snatch block necessary if my rope is long enough to be well out of the way with the tractor?

Also if the tree measures out to close to 4ft, making my jonsered too small to safely tackle this tree, im gonna need to regroup.... my dad has on old red and green homelite 870 that his dad used for falling in his logging days around coos bay. I know it hasnt ran since i was a kid. At least 40 years.... i wonder if it would be worth trying to clean out the carb, replace the fuel lines and plug then give it a tug or two? Might be a long shot. . 40 years is along time.. but its been inside the whole time and looks well cared for actually.

3 foot trees is a lot for that saw. Let us know how it goes
So i got the trees down and went perfectly. They werent as big as i thought . The biggest was 34 inches .... i followed the diagram you guys posted for me to the letter, and the two trees that were in precarious spots both fell exactly where i wanted them to. Also the 2255 did awesome. Thanks for the help you guys.

Back