Mcculloch Pro Mac 10-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taking the clutch cover off, turned it on its side, and within a minute there was a 4 or 5 inch puddle on the bench.

I was taking the clutch cover off, turned it on its side, and within a minute there was a 4 or 5 inch puddle on the bench.
Don't rule out the possibility that it is the duck bill valve in the fuel cap that is causing the leak....

I tried to RTV on my old PM700. Gas ate through within minutes and leaked like a sieve. You either need something that's fuelproof or an actual gasket.

Use Permatex Motoseal. Yamabond 4 is Also gas resistant. So is Dirko, but ive never tried it.
As already said, check the gas cap gasket, vent valve, and fuel line where it goes thru the bulkhead. All of my gas caps leak at least a little.

Yep all my gas caps leak at least a little too. As Brent said use motoseal. That's what I have done to last couple I have done. With top of tank off clean the gasket/groove of any loose debris. Leave original cork gasket in place and put a small bead of motoseal down. Reinstall top of tank and done good to go.

The RTV thats on it is discoloring the mix. Hope none of that ran through the carb!

Latest posts

Back