Testing new firewood crating system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't take a whole lot to make totes higher. Just a couple boards on their end on each side & another one across the top of those. Like a ladder with only one rung at the top. Wood would hold them in place. They wouldn't have to be as tall as the tote, you could set them in after the tote was half full and they could rest on the wood.

But on the OPs pallet crate, I don't I've seen a simpler solution than just a roll of wire set on the pallet. No added wood. Someone on here posted doing that.

In my area, there's no economical way to use IBC totes. The people would are selling them want way too much. Check this out https://www.kijiji.ca/b-nova-scotia/ibc-tote/k0l9002?dc=true
What’s sad is those companies are charging farmers to come pick them up. I see them all over the local classifieds with farm hands trying to peddle them for $25. They sell a few, but the stacks keep growing.
I see a local firewood guy that makes customers put down like a $90 deposit on the tote. That seems kinda crazy when I have guys begging me to take them.

0C098B51-438A-4C8F-BC24-2EF2973E2B69.png

I thought all hope was lost for me getting IBC totes here as well. People think they are made of gold. Then I lucked out and found them for $20/apiece. The only catch is I had to buy 20 to get that price.

If you pickup from farmers make sure they are triple rinsed if your not experienced in chemicals. The last batch of 8 I grabbed had 20 gallons of restricted use pesticide between 2 of them. It was 2 products that both could be a serious problem to dispose of for a non farmer. Not to mention dangerous to handle and illegal to possess without pesticide liscense. Of course I was tickled to death since I have both a liscense and use for the products.

Latest posts

Back