We All Have That One Saw........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like them all but my go to wood saw is a dolmar 5105. Replaced the muffler and changed the squish. First start of the day 2-3 pulls, after that she’s a 1 pull girl for the rest of the day.
Would like to hear what you did to adjust squish.

Replace the original gasket with one I made. Changed the squish to about the mid to low 20’s if memory serves me. Replaced the cat muffler too.
This saw starts on command and runs so nice and consistent it is a joy. As I get older my heavier saws aren’t much fun to run with the type of cutting I mostly do.

I ran three saws the husky 2100, husky 266se, husky pro 240sg. Depending on the size of the wood and what time I had left on the contract. Once I was weened off the 2100 the 266se became my favorite saw unless I’m bucking larger wood. I used the 240 less and less. If my time was running out cutting wise the 2100 with a shorter bar made quick work on what was left. If I had all big wood both 2100’s and the 266 was in the truck. I picked up a like new 480 but it was a good cutter but no match for the 2100 I don’t think the 480 was broken it yet.

My oldest son runs a husky 570 or the 910 e jred I gave him. My youngest son runs the husky 570 and his new husky 390. There like me, I was like Tim Allen tool time power arg arg. I got some good deals on the 570 the last one the PO couldn’t start it,

Tough to say, my ported 880 never ceases to amaze me when I fire it up. The brute strength and sound of 121cc’s in your hands is something else. My ported flat top 066 with high comp piston is one I always enjoy running. Bury a 36” bar and it just doesn’t care. Always surprises me every time I’m through the log and need to not ground pound it

Latest posts

Back