Chinese orders delayed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a couple of items ordered from China and noticed they haven't arrived. These are ebay purchases and on my order it states that China orders may be delayed, I assume because of the flu and transportation out of the country. I'm postponing any orders I might have made and looking for US vendors when the price isn't too bad...

I received an order from huztl today.

I washed my hands with a anti bacterial soap a few times.

From what I understand, the whole country practically shuts down for a couple weeks for Chinese New Year.

The media seems to making this virus attack out as an enormous event. Compare this virus to the 1968-69 Hong Kong flu attack that I suffered through while in college. That flu killed 34,000 American citizens and a million people worldwide. It was no fun. For the USA, it might have been more deadly than the total Vietnam war casualties.

The media seems to making this virus attack out as an enormous event. Compare this virus to the 1968-69 Hong Kong flu attack that I suffered through while in college. That flu killed 34,000 American citizens and a million people worldwide. It was no fun. For the USA, it might have been more deadly than the total Vietnam war casualties.
Yeah, I think the flu has killed more this year than the coronavirus. As it turns out I heard we may have been vaccinated for the wrong strain of the flu so I'm staying out of crowds when possible..

That's nothing compared to 1918. 675,000 in USA 50 million world wide.

That's nothing compared to 1918. 675,000 in USA 50 million world wide.
Correct. They say both were elevated by the wars in progress, but I doubt that's ever been proven. Can you believe that over 60 people aboard a cruise ship recently tested positive with the coronavirus? I really think this thing could still be growing. The local quarantine is about 15 miles away from me at a national guard camp, and I'll be driving by the place on Sunday. It's a bit nerve racking, but they say that it won't jump more than six feet.

The Chinese claim that the virus could disrupt their purchases from the USA, so trade is being impacted as OP has mentioned. You have to wonder if the head count of victims is understated.:rolleyes:

Ever wonder if the Chinese are being less than honest with the numbers. They keep changing drastically and they are building hospitals to handle this, does that not sound fishy?

Same experience freshman year 1968. One night I was fine; next morning I was wondering how anyone could feel so bad and still be alive. I stumbled over to the campus infirmary and my physics grad student lab instructor was laid out on the couch, moaning. There were about six of us laid up in bed for a week in the infirmary. That scenario could only have happened way back then. Today we would have been hustled to the ER.

Same experience freshman year 1968. One night I was fine; next morning I was wondering how anyone could feel so bad and still be alive. I stumbled over to the campus infirmary and my physics grad student lab instructor was laid out on the couch, moaning. There were about six of us laid up in bed for a week in the infirmary. That scenario could only have happened way back then. Today we would have been hustled to the ER.
I was at yhe University of Illinois when it happened there. All hospital rooms and infirmaries were taken. There was no recourse but to remain isolated at home in my apartment. It was a miserable flu to say the least -- high fever, loss of appetite, muscular aches, sore throat, dizziness, chills, overall weakness, etc. It took five days for my fever to finally break. Classes were called off because attendance had dropped to less than 30%. Dozens of the university faculty and staff alone died from it.

Frankly, I don't think there was any treatment for it except R & R and bed rest. Several anti-biotics were tried by doctors, but none seemed to work. Some described it as hell on earth. I am not sure if the caronavirus is in this league, but some say that it is.

I have a couple of items ordered from China and noticed they haven't arrived. These are ebay purchases and on my order it states that China orders may be delayed, I assume because of the flu and transportation out of the country. I'm postponing any orders I might have made and looking for US vendors when the price isn't too bad...
It's the holiday... They will be back in business on the 10th. Everything shuts down for this holiday. Nothing will move til then... But yes, Lysol parts and burn package is top notch advise.

Back