288 or 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAngelotti1

Red Cows, Orange Saws
Reaction score
So I own 2 288’s among a few other 2 series , a 97’ I bought new and a 90’ Ks non decomp I revived. I recently bought an “OE” 2008 372xp. My question is... Do I keep the 90’ or the 372? I don’t “NEED” nor will I use to they’re deserved potential all these gems. The 372 as I said is recent and is bone stock with minimal use. What should I do?

What is a 90s k saw with no Decomp. Is that the cylinder style. Just trying to educate my self as got a 281 with a mahle no decomposition jug in the trading post now.??

What is a 90s k saw with no Decomp. Is that the cylinder style. Just trying to educate my self as got a 281 with a mahle no decomposition jug in the trading post now.??
1990 vintage. KS non decomp is the brand and type of cylinder yes. “KS” is an abbreviation for the manufacture name and “non decomp” is as you guessed no decompression valve/port. The “KS” is the cylinder of choice for most if not all 288 fans!

The 97’ has been flawless since 1997 with a year of logging and the rest personal firewood use. With the exception of a new ignition 1 month from new)But there is definitely a noticeable to me difference in the performance of the KS cylinder.

Those are my 2 favorite husqvarna models. I use them both regularly and interchangeably. After using the 288 for a while, when I pick up the 372, I think “man, this thing is light and nimble and handles like a dream.” Then after using the 372 for a while, the power and grunt of the 288 is really noticeable.
I’ve also got two 288s and a 372. I say keep all 3!

Those are my 2 favorite husqvarna models. I use them both regularly and interchangeably. After using the 288 for a while, when I pick up the 372, I think “man, this thing is light and nimble and handles like a dream.” Then after using the 372 for a while, the power and grunt of the 288 is really noticeable.
I’ve also got two 288s and a 372. I say keep all 3!

Couldn't have said it better myself, keep all 3 for sure.

Port the 372 and you won't need a 288 or 390, or even a stock 395.

A ported 70cc sure is a nice runner but id wont replace a 90cc or 95cc saw.

No replacement for displacement.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back