Hda 87 on 262

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAngelotti1

Red Cows, Orange Saws
Reaction score
This saw has me baffled. Rebuilt carb, new fuel line/filter. Ran two tanks flawlessly. All of a sudden loads up and dies. Take carb apart, check lever clean everything, put it back together. Starts perfect runs for a minute revs/idles then starts to load up again! Had carb off 3 times adjusted lever and doesn’t seem to make a difference. So for kicks I throw on a 144 I have on the shelf it pops then won’t start at all. Am I missing something?

Yes I typed wrong. Correct me if I’m wrong but a bad tank vent will cause no flow of gas, correct? I can change it but it does pass air.

Let me clarify Duce. It starts fine, revs fine and idles fine for a minute then starts to load up in all aspects and that’s it. It doesn’t rev up on its own which is what I think you were hearing.

How many turns out on the H and L screw are you
Start at 1 .5 turns out from lightly seated for the L and 1 turn for H
Did you replace metering needle and did you remove H and L jets and clean the passages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressure test carb also.

The seat could be bad and flooding saw.

But I'd still check crank key. Notorious for shearing. The running normally for 2 min makes no sense though.

The Main nozzle check valve stops the carb from pulling air into the wet side at idle. But that would be odd for 2 carbs to be bad with same issue.

Change the $2 spark plug as your first step though.

Thanks for the responses. I’ve done the cleaning again, $2 plug, 1 turn on both screws. I will be checking carb pop off later on today and if that’s good I move to flywheel.

Latest posts

Back