chainsaw dream wishlist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Gumnuts will come up with one for me someday. I think he's already got a couple for himself!

The last one for sale here went to a collector in the US, Mc bob seems to find them but he has a lot of contacts.
I friend in Germany would be handy.

My first three saws were an S10, a Lightning and a 3400 Anti-vibe back when money was money. I would love to have them all back with me.

Nardoo

I have a feeling you'll have one eventually...

My list is pretty short:

IEL/Pioneer Super Twin

IEL Model M

IEL JA/JB/JC

Titan Blue Streak

Titan Model J

Titan Model E

any of the Poulan early two-mans

Ten-cube 090...
I have a iel super twin 1952 for sale dave 8316823381

I’m not sure where my little assortment is headed yet. We can all add something I’m sure. Not sure what models. The cost is going up that limits my buying.

Husqvarna 543xp, 395 Xp, 390 xp.
Jonsered older big cc’s 70/111 cc’s
Partner 70
Stihl big 70 to 100 cc’s possibly super and magnums?
Pioneer ?
Poulan ?
mcculloch saws that buckin billy Ray has

Add some old vintage saws.

I could stop at anytime, when I’m in the ground.

The list for me isn't all that long....

Mac SP125
Mac 797
Homelite 9xx series Gear drive
Husky 2100
Poulan 5200
IEL/Pioneer D series etc.
Mac 890/895 - have a motor just need a gear drive carcass
Pioneer 750
Pioneer p60/655 etc.
PM 275 or 276
Remington super 880
Stihl 038 Mag II
Stihl 051/050
Stihl 076/075
Stihl 090G

All are just a matter of money really. I wouldn't say that any of the above are especially rare. I'm pretty cheap and fairly young, so I can wait.

Nice thread to resurrect!

I do not want to call my self a connoisseur of saws but I do enjoy most saws if they run well and are equipped with a suitable B+C. I would want clean saws in nice cosmetic shape but definitely enjoy "users" versus shelf queens so my dream saws would all occasionally cut wood.

Just a few that I would like:

L77 Husqvarna
Large cube vintage Homelite and/or Mac
Any/all of the 2 series XP Husqvarnas
XL-9xx series Homelite
XL-1xx series Homelite
PM850 or similar

Nice thread to resurrect!

I do not want to call my self a connoisseur of saws but I do enjoy most saws if they run well and are equipped with a suitable B+C. I would want clean saws in nice cosmetic shape but definitely enjoy "users" versus shelf queens so my dream saws would all occasionally cut wood.

Just a few that I would like:

L77 Husqvarna
Large cube vintage Homelite and/or Mac
Any/all of the 2 series XP Husqvarnas
XL-9xx series Homelite
XL-1xx series Homelite
PM850 or similar

I agree that they all need to run/cut. I don't really care about cosmetic shape as I would just restore anything that was trashed.

My “Holy Grail “ saw, would be to get my Dad’s old Mac SP60 back. I know who the Friend he traded it off to was, but Mark has passed away, and Bonnie eventually remarried, and I haven’t been able to get in touch with her. I am HOPING that it is still in a forgotten corner of their garage, I’m sure that she would let me get it back for a fair deal, that is the saw that I learned to cut with over 40 years ago. The Old Man is still doing well, but celebrated his 80th Birthday in October, and is the last of 4 Brothers, it’s just a matter of Time. I would Love to bring that old Mac Home, one more contact with Dad, when I no longer have him.

A pair of the Infamous 346XP’s in Mint condition, one to keep stock, one to have ported, and see what the hype is all about

372XP X Torq and Pre XT OE

Skeans Enthusiasm for the 562XP has piqued my curiosity, and his opinion carries weight with me

add a 543XP just because it seems to be Husqvarna’s “Forgotten Saw” and I’m Curious

Another 3120XP, and a double ended milling bar, because I’m Intrigued by double powerhead milling, gotta have something to Mill with it too;)

After buying my “Old Reliable “ 266XP in ‘91, it has made a Husky Believer out of me, and a Fan of the 2 series Huskies, so there are a lot of 2XX Huskies I would grab, if the Price and Condition were right

Oohh, and last but not least, a Big Shop for all the Toys and projects :D

This IS a Wish List Thread Right???:confused:

I Think that I have a pretty good Wish List :)

Doug :cheers:

I have a real nice McCullough Mini Mac in running condition if anyone needs it for their collection.
Don't everyone PM me and fill my inbox up...................

Echo CS-3400 top handle.
For nostalgia alone, it was my first top handle saw. Lotsa fond memories of cutting when I was a 10-13 year old kid with that saw.
And, I want all the saws I had and junked in my teenage years back, because now I could probably fix them.
I actually had a solo twin from an estate sale at one point. I believe I paid under $50 at the time, and my dad cussed me out for a week for overpaying on a non running saw. lol.
I gave it to a friend who thought it was something amazing and pestered me for weeks about selling it... I had no internet or cell phone, until years later, and I didn't learn what it was for some time after that. I want that saw back pretty bad.

Latest posts

Back