Diesel chainsaw.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can tell you for sure is that a 576xp WILL NOT RUN LONG ON DIESEL FUEL! Unfortunately Im speaking from experience as a ******* that hauls for me filled my saw up with diesel and ran it until it quit, then he proceeded to get it started back and run it again until it quit!

I wonder how hard is it to start with the higher compression. Farmall had tractors that started on gas then when warmed up switched over to diesel. No pony motor. Maybe it ran on gas with the compression release open then closed to run on diesel.

Diesel chainsaw, survival, diesel tractor, home heating oil.

RC cars use a type of diesel, I don’t see why It couldn’t be applied to chainsaws...
There is slightly less potential energy in diesel but it is denser which I think makes it slightly more powerful as fuel source
I thought RC cars used a nitromethane/alcohol mix? I've never heard of diesel in one. They do use oil in the fuel for lube as they are a 2 stroke.

I thought RC cars used a nitromethane/alcohol mix? I've never heard of diesel in one. They do use oil in the fuel for lube as they are a 2 stroke.
I said a “type”, What I was trying to say is that it runs off of the same principle, glow plugs and compression.

There must have been someone who tried a nitromethane chainsaw.
You could easily get 10+HP from a 60cc I think.
I don't know if cooling is doable, but you'll probably be finished before the thing has time to overheat.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

i had some rc diesel aero engines, no glowplug but a thumbscrew on the top to lower the cyl sleeve and raise the compression,
no rings, but a tapered bore and piston
s-l1600 (27).jpg

Latest posts

Back