Talk to me about 262's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone wants the KS non decomp. The best jug I’ve seen is the Mahle non-decomp in terms of port structure. Agree with Dustin.

The converted 198 carbs run the best. As trouble free as the 120 with the performance of the 87. Takes an hour or so to do the conversion. But the 198 went NLA. The 199 w the acc pump should be interesting to play with.

Great saw to mod. No need for the 87 unless the saw is ported. Same with the 3 shoe clutch. Once it’s ported, both are mandatory.

I prefer the decomp jugs for the real world. I add an elastostart many times, but they have a healthy diet of starter ropes without the 395 decomp installed.

This decomp jug will run with any ND. Its ranchdadmike’s.

View attachment 797764 View attachment 797765 View attachment 797766 View attachment 797767 View attachment 797768

Good looking work. They need that much extra transfer? I’ve got two of these to build in my garage

Good looking work. They need that much extra transfer? I’ve got two of these to build in my garage

That’s some nice grinding there Al. Only downside I can see is how thirsty they become. That and the starter ropes. :)

Latest posts

Back