Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the cooler temps I got some outside time today and split by hand for 3/4 of an hour, than ran the hydro for a half hour and got all my cut rounds split.

With the cooler weather, I was able to split Oak, Beech and Black Cherry (some good size rounds) all by hand. Just used the hydro cause I was running out of time. Had to take the wife out for VD!

Had Fillet Mignon, was great!!!

Thanks for the info.

You make some excellent points.
Since we were in the tree business, we just waited for the market on Tulip Poplar to peak then call a local guy in. Some one my Dad new. I did learn fast about taking small loads to the mill. If you took a 16 foot log in, with a knot on the last 2 feet, they would give you the lowest price, ditch planking, because of the knot. While you stood there and watched, they would cut four feet off, throw the cut off into the grinder pile, and put the 12 foot log in the high grade pile. The State Forester would help on that. We have one mill that would give top dollar for four foot Whit Oak logs. He sold barrel staves for whiskey barrels. Those were cut 4'8".

The issue with 4L60 that you had to manual 1 to roll them only had 1-2 gear was the forward sprag. Can’t believe how much I forgot. My master tech was laughing at me how much I forgot. I used to work right next to him.

No Uncle Mike, haven’t touched the 262 since tearing it down. Have been doing all the brake lines in the 98 in my spare time. Got some new (free) wheels for her too 87D0EAAC-9A48-4399-92FB-501CDCFECD62.jpeg

The issue with 4L60 that you had to manual 1 to roll them only had 1-2 gear was the forward sprag. Can’t believe how much I forgot. My master tech was laughing at me how much I forgot. I used to work right next to him.

No Uncle Mike, haven’t touched the 262 since tearing it down. Have been doing all the brake lines in the 98 in my spare time. Got some new (free) wheels for her too View attachment 798210

Cool car[emoji1303] have always liked those and the firebird counterpart.

Never owned a car in my life but i sure can appreciate a nice one[emoji41]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Thanks, I actually got it for $100 it has a LS1 and it’s previous owner was wheelchair bound. Interior is shot from him slinging in the wheelchair, but the engine and transmission are stout. I bought it to finish my older Camaro but it ran too good to chop up.

Picture of my older Camaro 62DD615E-5364-4E9D-B98C-9172963E58C7.jpeg

You’re for sure Chipper. I know I got a keeper simply cause when I was living in an apartment, paycheck to paycheck she fell for me. Now that I’m fairly successful guy, lots of “opportunities” present themselves. But I know what I got at home. A good girl that loved me when I was a shlub and didn’t have squat to show

You’re for sure Chipper. I know I got a keeper simply cause when I was living in an apartment, paycheck to paycheck she fell for me. Now that I’m fairly successful guy, lots of “opportunities” present themselves. But I know what I got at home. A good girl that loved me when I was a shlub and didn’t have squat to show

Right on!!!

I was mounting tires at a tire shop when i meet my wife and i was washing cars full time when we got married [emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

With the cooler temps I got some outside time today and split by hand for 3/4 of an hour, than ran the hydro for a half hour and got all my cut rounds split.

With the cooler weather, I was able to split Oak, Beech and Black Cherry (some good size rounds) all by hand. Just used the hydro cause I was running out of time. Had to take the wife out for VD!

Had Fillet Mignon, was great!!!
1st thing this morning I told my wife "Happy VD". Exactly what I said. Wont do that again

I had lost my license from too many speeding tickets, was “kicking” in carpeting when I met mine. Dating her got my act together and back in a dealership. Then married with kids. Worked my way up to service manager. Got 22 techs, 5 advisors, two cashiers, 3 porters, a dispatcher and a assistant manger directly under me. Then the prep manager and his crew of 7. Makes for a long day. I’m gonna be 39 in April and been managing since 33. It’s a grind for sure, but pays the bills and let’s me buy toys I always wanted and the ability to spoil my kids and wife the way I always dreamed of.

I know how it goes, although we are both still waiting for the "fairly successful guy" part :laugh:.

1st thing this morning I told my wife "Happy VD". Exactly what I said. Wont do that again
I don't think I even said it this morning :surprised3:.
But I did hand the kids some snacks from the dollar store and then told her "I got some lime and rust remover too!", and I gave her a bag of turtles :sweet:.
She knows I don't care about the hallmark holidays.

Latest posts

Back