Husquvarna 550xp wont start help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo 590 or the Husqvarna550xp should I trade the husquvarna for the echo?

• Yes trade the husqvarna off for the echo

• No keep your husqvarna

Results are only viewable after voting.

FunkitCustomWood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Help one day 70degrees next it's snowing 2inches my 550xp wont start it has spark, replaced the sprocket the plug isn't fouled although I'm about to replace it to be sure any suggestions

How do i set the compression on this saw. Spun the sprocket replaced the sprocket now it won't start. Shoulda bought a stihl not an acceptable answer. Lol please help

I would try a new plug. Decompression stuck open? Do you have access to software?

I would try a new plug. Decompression stuck open? Do you have access to software?
Yes gonna get a new plug headed there now. Gas coming out exhaust... my decompression is not stuck and no access to software. I spun the sprocket could it have messed somethjng up when that happened

I find when it’s really cold the auto tunes require more fuel to start. I put the choke on full and pull till it pops, but if you stop at this point and goto high idle it will not start. The key is to pull till she pops and then pull about 3 more times to get more fuel down there, then put it on high idle and it should go. both my 562 and 550 like this when the temps are -10C or lower.

Yes gonna get a new plug headed there now. Gas coming out exhaust... my decompression is not stuck and no access to software. I spun the sprocket could it have messed somethjng up when that happened

Gas coming out the muffler indicates it is flooded. Leave the plug out, turn it upside down and pull it several time to clear the fuel. Blow air in it if you have a compressor. Then try starting without choke.

Can you explain "spun the sprocket"?

What does spun the sprocket mean? Have any photos?

If you remove the plug and it is wet, and the exhaust has fuel coming out, it clearly has fuel and sounds like an ignition issue. Could be timing but if you have not touched the flywheel then it should be fine.

What method did you use to remove the clutch?

This is kind of a minor thing ,unless you go too far . But ,don’t use starting fluid in a two cycle engine . It has absolutely zero lubricating value . It may even wash any oil residue away from parts .

Back