Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My AK shoots great groups. The stereotype is a bit over exaggerated.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I’m only joking. Being and AR guy, there is always a banter between AK and AR guys. Sorta like Sailors and Marines.

I’ve owned two AKs. A Polytech and an Aresenal. The Aresenal was a SLR106F, in 5.56. They’re supposed to be some of the best shooting 5.56 AKs out there, being Bulgarian made using a quality 1/7 barrel. I shot M855 at 100 yards through the Aresenal, and then my Colt. Both wearing irons, both with 1/7 twist chrome-lined barrels. The AR’s 15 shot groups were half the size of the AKs. I then went out to 200 yards, and again the AR shot half or better sized groups.

So, I sold the AK and bought more ARs. LMBO. Still a great platform. I’ll probably own another one at some point.

I mainly have oddball guns no one wanted. Mostly .410's. couple 9mm rimfires. Some wall hanger black powder pistols. 1 pin fire I guess that could be a cc weapon of mass destruction. A .22 short derringer that shoots like woodchip rookie did. Should find a WMR to match it.

My son's into AR's and handguns. Enough MP shields to arm a girl scout troup. Still not sure why he needed a 357 for ice fishing.

6" to 11" of snow with an icy base .
I did find a few dead standers to bring home :)

vAMf7T8.jpg
jbQ7TQb.jpg

uPbVvyu.jpg

Had to use the wife's Sorrento .
Figured I'd be safe as long as there was no blood ;)
Can't see the bumper in the last pic but I'm sure it's up/down to (Dancan} standards. :rock2:

What chaps are y’all running? I’ve never used them, but after a talk with my dealer buddy, I need to.

I just don’t want something that will be hard to move in.

Mine are the old dark blue Husqvarna wrap style, I think they'd be comparable to the technical wrap they offer currently. They are quite comfortable and I don't really notice too much loss of mobility. As an added bonus they save a lot of wear and tear on your blue jeans.

Mine are the old dark blue Husqvarna wrap style, I think they'd be comparable to the technical wrap they offer currently. They are quite comfortable and I don't really notice too much loss of mobility. As an added bonus they save a lot of wear and tear on your blue jeans.

I was looking at those exact ones at the dealer. They’re not cheap, but then again my buddy mentioned that they’re a lot cheaper than a trip to the ER...

I was looking at those exact ones at the dealer. They’re not cheap, but then again my buddy mentioned that they’re a lot cheaper than a trip to the ER...

I think Mine were $50-$60 bucks back in 97'-98' when I bought mine. They're kinda' grubby and stinky but they've held up very well over the years.

What chaps are y’all running? I’ve never used them, but after a talk with my dealer buddy, I need to.

I just don’t want something that will be hard to move in.
I have husqvarna chaps . No movement problems. Got them as a present but I see them for around 80 bucks . That's at TSC

I tried on all 3 of the husky chaps...basic, functional and technical. I didnt like the way the straps were on the technical so i bought the middle priced ones. Functional.

Those are the two I was looking at, but I was leaning towards the Technical ones. I think they were like $110?

Latest posts

Back