Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tools start off on the left side and some how end up on the right, then I can't find my tools cause the parts I'm taking off end up on the right side also.
That LA Orange does pretty well on aluminum. On paint, best soak with water first then spray with orange to keep from fading the paint. Don't use the yellow on paint, will definitely damage saw paint. Doesn't do any paint damage on lawnmower frames for some reason.

Steve Sidwell

Oh there’s plenty of hammers and brass/aluminum drifts at my disposal. ;)
View attachment 798560

Thanks for the kind remarks guys, that makes these projects even more enjoyable, I’m meeting a lot of great and very knowledgeable people on here.

The pictures are taken with my iPhone XS Max and my workbench is very well lit, I have two fixtures with eight T5HO bulbs each. They are essentially grow light fixtures but I repurposed them lol. As far as cleaners I use goof off to remove sap and pitch stains. Simple Green is my go to cleaner because it’s not as harsh on the finish as Super Clean which will eat paint and even metal if you leave it on too long. In fact I’ve used super clean at work to get aluminum off of end mills so I don’t dare let anything that is made of a nonferrous metal soak in it.

Time to fire up the blaze king in the shop and clean parts! stay tuned...
Wheres the pry bars?

Steve Sidwell

Yes the pump just moves the oil and the valve restricts the flow and makes the pump work harder to move the oil so you get pressure and the saw has to overcome it

Cool man so you can load it up nearly stalling back it off a touch and again like its chewing a big log

Impressive @Todd Loosli You forgot your mic drop. ;)

giphy.gif

Todd, let me know if you need a small flat plate heat ex changer to keep your oil cool. For them long runs, or to heat your oil so as to take the viscosity of the oil out of the equation. lol

Back