FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the TSB-Huztl660-001 update lol. That was a long time ago. I thought they fixed that? Are they running old cast molds?

That’s the TSB-Huztl660-001 update lol. That was a long time ago. I thought they fixed that? Are they running old cast molds?
I built mine a few years back...just put up with a marginal adjuster until it finally failed completely...I now have a good sized Oak to drop soon, so I was getting the 660 back to fighting form again.

I built mine a couple months ago and it seems ok.... But I have not got to fire it up yet. I put a bar on it and it adjust well... I wonder when it gets polished in, if it gets more play in it.

I built mine a couple months ago and it seems ok.... But I have not got to fire it up yet. I put a bar on it and it adjust well... I wonder when it gets polished in, if it gets more play in it.

Yours maybe ok if your careful with it. Their metal is soft. The ones with to much play were obvious from the beginning.

I built mine a few years back...just put up with a marginal adjuster until it finally failed completely...I now have a good sized Oak to drop soon, so I was getting the 660 back to fighting form again.

That’s good to know I hoped they fixed that. My last orange one ran fine even after about 10 gallons I ran through it. I gave it to a guy a couple months back and it’s still going.
The prebuilt blue one I had finally failed when it snagged a ring.

I ordered mine in early December 2019 and assembled over the holidays.

The saw works beautifully and based on my experience so far nothing wrong with the adjuster as long as the bar holding nuts are loosened properly like they should!

I did use OEM wrist pin needle bearing and ended up using Husqvarna decompression valve after trying a Stihl OEM one which failed to work to my liking.

The crankshaft installing tool & crankshaft centering etc. information on this site is much appreciated!

Decomp4.jpg Decomp3.jpg

Cheers

OK, as recommended I replaced the tensioner with an OEM one...no difference, still acts "stripped"...I think I need to make bushings, like here... https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/huztl-ms660.300307/page-55#post-6072628
I had a few minutes to look at this yesterday...there was a ton of slop in the slot that holds the back end of the screw/gear...I was able to make a tiny shim to put under the back of the screw/gear (about 0.30" thick) and that now holds the 2 gears together well meshed...

I have been playing, Ring Around The Rice Patty with them to replace a 660 handle Assy that a mod wont even fix.
They just don’t get it. I would buy one from hlsupply but nobody has them in blue.
I ain’t giving Hutzl another rice cake either.

I have been playing, Ring Around The Rice Patty with them to replace a 660 handle Assy that a mod wont even fix.
They just don’t get it. I would buy one from hlsupply but nobody has them in blue.
But their engineers said it would work. That's the answer I got from them. It's ridiculous what you have to go through to get them to replace something. They wanted me to send them a video of a leaking gas cap. They did replace a chain adjuster after I had to send multiple pictures of the ground up gears.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I just checked:
New handle assembly is available for $40 including shipping and the orange color carburetor housing is easy to separate and paint in any color.
Additional carburetor housing are about $4 including shipping.

Cheers

I just checked:
New handle assembly is available for $40 including shipping and the orange color carburetor housing is easy to separate and paint in any color.
Additional carburetor housing are about $4 including shipping.

Cheers
I told them I would do a cc dispute and that woke them up.
I have a business and when we screw up, thank god not often but it happens. I go above and beyond to take care of the customer and not screw them around.
One in a while I get a customer that wants to B/S me and I know he or she is full of crap but I take care of it and never will I do business with them again.

Latest posts

Back