Oh I never grease my clutch bearing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they use it to cut ice?

I was wondering about that. I seen a mint 2100 on eBay they took ice fishing. I wondered what the oil pump looked like inside. If the clutch bearing area on the crank cleans up I’ll checkout the oil pump next.

I contacted the seller and got no response. I put in to return it for a refund. It was suppose to be a running saw.

I contacted the seller and got no response. I put in to return it for a refund. It was suppose to be a running saw.

Did you determine the crank was damaged? I mean, technically it would still run even with the clutch bearing plugged up. I have a Mini Mac 30 that after many years I removed the clutch to give it a good cleaning, the bearing was packed full of dried grease which was why the chain never stopped, even at idle. Cleaned it up with carb cleaner and packed with grease and all is fine.

You can get a new bearing for $5......is it really worth all of the jacking around to return a saw for a $5 dollar part and a couple minutes of parts cleaning?

You can get a new bearing for $5......is it really worth all of the jacking around to return a saw for a $5 dollar part and a couple minutes of parts cleaning?

new bearing if it bothers you. refund? shipping? headache, for sure. think svk is right. well, imo. if it was mine... service it and run it! it is a bearing, case hardened. rust is merely surface rust. more bright orange than deep dark reddish. no pits so just burnish it off. scotch pad or some 600 or higher. clean it all (saw, too! ;) ) oil it well... 3-n-1 or 40 wgt... let it sit over nite. clean and put in some white grease on the running surfaces. don't over do it.

I won't say, "if you can't fix that, then got no business running saws!"... cause that would be unfair. everyone is entitled to their opinion. but then, u did ask for opinions and you got plenty... even the JB Weld has some hint of promise... :rolleyes:

sorta.... o_O

You guys are right, looked at it today. The crankshaft cleaned right up like new. The drum/sprocket is kaput. The rust on the bearing and drum was bad never seen a part rusted like this. Only one area. Funny my new rims/drums showed up fedex today. She’s ready to run again.

I finally took off the top cover today. This saw looks like brand new inside. Lots of compression just like new. I’ll square the bar, sharpen the chain, fire her up.

Latest posts

Back