Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 47k on the glide paid the Harley tax new zippers cams cam plate and the 100k tensioners . But this is my go to ride 74k miles only done tires and regular maintenance oil and such. Has been cross country twice. Have three Harleys my 02 Springer 03 Fatboy anniversary edition and my glide. But nothing beats this one. Its smooth as silk even at triple digits. I was doing 122 across the Mojave in 2017View attachment 799754
Glad you said it so I didn't have to :rock:.
The vtr1000 was pretty smooth for the v-2 design, but the v-4 in the 750/800 VFR was real smooth, still wouldn't mind a RC51, but the gsxr 750's are lighter and have only a little less hp. In the end the insurance and cost to buy an rc51 was always beat out, even a CBR1000 is cheaper.
I need to avoid getting on bikes though:yes: :sucks:.

Used to LOVE taking my pals 04 GSXR 750 on lunch. That thing would accelerate like nothing I had ever experienced before, then my daughter was born.... after that I didn’t have the same wild streak. Was always worried about the others on the road.

Danacn, I found out after doing some more research. It’s a fleet thing, truck just happened to come from a Canadian Company. Fleets can order their GM trucks with certain RPO codes to limit the speed. AC63B335-E2D0-49F3-970E-03BDF6F32959.png
Dear God, couldn’t imagine 9D4!!!

Getting into the back part of my second honey hole as Matt says. There is an ash that's at least 60 inches diameter and straight as a pin for at least 40ft so says the owner of the property. I got the ducks all lined up all sharpend, and the 36" for the the 395xp ready to goView attachment 799727 View attachment 799728

Please share pictures of the 36” bar in use on the monster ash.[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Used to LOVE taking my pals 04 GSXR 750 on lunch. That thing would accelerate like nothing I had ever experienced before, then my daughter was born.... after that I didn’t have the same wild streak. Was always worried about the others on the road.

Danacn, I found out after doing some more research. It’s a fleet thing, truck just happened to come from a Canadian Company. Fleets can order their GM trucks with certain RPO codes to limit the speed. View attachment 799830
Dear God, couldn’t imagine 9D4!!!
A company my uncle drove for (gone now) set their trucks on dedicated route Duluth to thunder bay down to 47mph in response to broken springs ECT. The rest of their trucks were 61mph. Team Red Balls they were known as. Hey 61 to Thunder bay has always been a miserable patch of road.

I still have it :rolleyes:, I just have to say no to getting on them.
That's way to much temptation for me!
For me that acceleration is probably like crack to someone else.
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.41.09 PM.png
Sure I don't look that good, but you get the point lol.

A company my uncle drove for (gone now) set their trucks on dedicated route Duluth to thunder bay down to 47mph in response to broken springs ECT. The rest of their trucks were 61mph. Team Red Balls they were known as. Hey 61 to Thunder bay has always been a miserable patch of road.
That’s interesting being the first chunk up to Two Harbors is 4 lane!

As you get further up it does get a bit treacherous and people drive like mad men!

A large number of the seasonal residents of the north shore are wealthy folks from the cities. Drive terrible and unsafe. Passing on corners and without sufficient space.

I'm looking at a 572xp . Got a price of $ 875 with a 28 inch bar. I really need to stop getting little things at the husky store. It's like I need a new 25 cent nut for the bar oh wait how much is this? I was able to leave without it though but it just keeps coming to mind.
:innocent:B8F892A6-1AD6-425A-A91E-5CD7E71D2FE8.jpeg 8068AC9E-80CE-4DA2-861F-C1DA45688907.jpeg
sorry, probably not helping huh? Lol

Been -15 last 2 nights, big chunk of spruce in the stove kicking out some heat321062FE-BC46-4550-B7FF-38FFE60B17DD.jpeg :)

Please share pictures of the 36” bar in use on the monster ash.[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I may have some videos up Saturday evening of an srcarr 394 with a 40 on it in the big oak I'm doing. Maybe I'll make a few big bar videos 394/40, 7910/32, see if steve will bring a 28 for the 462. Should be fun.

I still have it :rolleyes:, I just have to say no to getting on them.
That's way to much temptation for me!
For me that acceleration is probably like crack to someone else.
View attachment 799861
Sure I don't look that good, but you get the point lol.
Anyone that feels the need to ride hard enough to lean a bike that far on a public road should have there bike crushed. Feel the same about folks that try to push a car to the limit on the roads.

Yup, I've owned several Fords over the years that would do more than double that … no problem … including the current one!
Lots of things will do double that. I've had stock 4 bangers that would tag 150 with out much effort. I'd think 140 would leave you with most of 5th gear to go in the stang.

Lots of things will do double that. I've had stock 4 bangers that would tag 150 with out much effort. I'd think 140 would leave you with most of 5th gear to go in the stang.
Ha! Not the clunkers I drive. The one time I tried to break the ton in my diesel Golf, at around 105mph it felt like it was either going to lift off and take flight or blow up:D

The time has come! I declare 'wooding season 2020' open. Weather is just too nice (bit chilly mornings). I realized that what 'to be split' is left can be done "sometime", I'd rather be cutting.

Off to Tim's in the morning to do a bit of continuation that I quit on last year when winter arrived. Buddy is coming down to haul me home as I am leaving the truck there to act as a skidder. Lots of small locust to clear cut but almost all will need to be skidded to where the truck can load - steep ground.

Began today by processing the pile of small guage locust logs that have been waiting in the wood lot. Only an hour but rather beat out - some of those 6-7 limbs were heavy.

Need to get back to Von's on the willow clearance project. First job is to use a wagon and consolidate the unburned chunks from about 20 burn piles from last year.

The time has come! I declare 'wooding season 2020' open. Weather is just too nice (bit chilly mornings). I realized that what 'to be split' is left can be done "sometime", I'd rather be cutting.

Off to Tim's in the morning to do a bit of continuation that I quit on last year when winter arrived. Buddy is coming down to haul me home as I am leaving the truck there to act as a skidder. Lots of small locust to clear cut but almost all will need to be skidded to where the truck can load - steep ground.

Began today by processing the pile of small guage locust logs that have been waiting in the wood lot. Only an hour but rather beat out - some of those 6-7 limbs were heavy.

Need to get back to Von's on the willow clearance project. First job is to use a wagon and consolidate the unburned chunks from about 20 burn piles from last year.

Go you good thing :numberone:.

Anyone that feels the need to ride hard enough to lean a bike that far on a public road should have there bike crushed. Feel the same about folks that try to push a car to the limit on the roads.

Yea, it will break 150 in 4th, and I just consider 5th an OD to slow the engine RPMs.

The difference is how breathtakingly fast the Mustang gets there with 550 Hp, and with the lowered suspension it is rock solid.

Once it is rolling, I have run with crotch rocket bikes on several occasions.

I believe the electronics will shut the Mustang down at 155, but I have not tested it, nor do I plan to test it. It is just far too fast to go on public roads.

My s2000 will run 155 topped out in 6th gear. Stock tranny and rear end. Ap1 2.0 liter. Vortech supercharger 4 inch pulley. Water methanol injection after 5 psi. Haltech ecu. Very little will run with it including bikes.
7818e5f410cc873458a4540fed05ac9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back