028 carb issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your needle arm setting.... raise it slightly. Put a piece of soft fuel line between the H & L screws to stop needle walk if your thinking that may be a problem. Place in the spring area or there a bouts.

Update on the 028. For some reason I decided to take the air filter cover off while running and noticed it skipped a beat while loosening the screw. So I then held it wide open and tightened the screw up and sounds like I opened the main Jet about 6 turns lol. Anyone ever had this before? I’m assuming it’s something to do with the air filter with the choke in it which is a new one so I doubt the spring is bad. Should I get a new filter?

Update on the 028. For some reason I decided to take the air filter cover off while running and noticed it skipped a beat while loosening the screw. So I then held it wide open and tightened the screw up and sounds like I opened the main Jet about 6 turns lol. Anyone ever had this before? I’m assuming it’s something to do with the air filter with the choke in it which is a new one so I doubt the spring is bad. Should I get a new filter?

Check the nuts holding the carb on
( under the AF) are tight. I had a saw once that was missing the nuts altogether.

4E5792DB-16EB-479E-A6B0-4476EB54CE97.jpeg E7C2B0C5-C4CB-41CA-A72C-13671655B715.jpeg 069D9405-6EDB-4D65-A79B-2AF6FFD2EEEA.jpeg
Take the air filter off, then put the cover on and test run it.

Then torque down the screw and see what happens.

And while it is off, put up some pics.
Runs perfect with the filter out and cover on tight. I’m guessing that some how it’s squishing the filter and pushing the choke closed. Is there suppose to be a bushing or something there that I don’t have?

Those filters have a little flap and spring on them that holds the choke closed. Take the air filter apart and see that the spring is not stretched out. If it’s not an OEM air filter immediately discard it. It’s probably the little choke flap, those little filters aren’t too expensive to replace.

Latest posts

Back