First saw rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the last 20 years I have never used any Loctite on the cylinder screws, nor have I seen a saw come from the factory with any. Husqvarna uses grease on the cylinder base gasket for centering and sealing, plenty gets in the screws. Torque them properly and you will not have any problems, just check them after a few good heat cycles.

The issue with using loctite is that it acts as a lubricant and can cause you to strip out the threads if you don’t back off the torque some. So use with caution.

In the last 20 years I have never used any Loctite on the cylinder screws, nor have I seen a saw come from the factory with any. Husqvarna uses grease on the cylinder base gasket for centering and sealing, plenty gets in the screws. Torque them properly and you will not have any problems, just check them after a few good heat cycles.
They are using thread locker and sealant on saws now. 562's, 572's for sure.

Use blue on case bolts, cylinder bolts, muffler and oil pump bolts. Never had a problem.

Is that new? My 550 and 562 had no sealant or three locker. The 390 I have here doesn't either.
Yes. New 562 and 572 for sure. Have a new 390 coming and will check it out. If no locker on cylinder and muffler bolts it will be getting some. Looked like they used motoseal colored sealant on cylinder.

Is that new? My 550 and 562 had no sealant or three locker. The 390 I have here doesn't either.
My 550 definitely had a dry base gasket, no grease. The material was green, rubbery smooth surface on both sides. The gasket was reused it came off so nice.

Latest posts

Back