Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have some parts tomorrow.

What are you going to do to the rat rod, aren't they like 82cc or so

It’s already been done. I needed a beater to play with, something I’m not worried too much about and can test out. Cut wood, throw it in the truck etc. sharpen my skills.

Complete disassembly. New rings. Polished piston. Exhaust Port matched with muffler. Intake port cleaned up. The saw had sucked an intake gasket so it ate some dirt, but I felt the bore was serviceable.

How bad was that cylinder? I don't remember you saying it was nasty.

I've got a 7-10 with quite a few grooves and it runs good as it hangs on the cord for 8 seconds before turning over. Yeah it ain't new but still kicks a 10-10 easily.

I'd say it's still got a little bit on my 57cc Mac.

So it will be a perfect runner I'd say

not my best work. And the carb I had on it in this vid had a bad check valve. Got that solved though. Again please excuse the butchery I just had to get it in some wood.

Your excused :)

. Playing with a real monster today

Was thinking that sounds funny then saw the pushrods and I clicked. That's a cool little engine. Need to build a plane for it Todd

I think that Todd's engine may end up looking similar to this. Just way more refined because of machining skills and available equipment.

On this engine I used Plastic discs I cut with a hole saw from an old cutting board for magnet carrier and sensor adjusting ring to save stock and possibly be lighter. the discs were trued up and bored to size with my lathe. Both discs have a pair or 3, 4-40 set screws to hold in place and allow adjustment. I couldn't open the engine up when running in the shop that day because all the things hanging on the wall wanted to move to different locations. It was -8F outside that day and that is why the run inside. lol

Back