Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda like asking who made the John Deere saws Efco or Echo.... Both Although in this case I think its Partner and Dolmar…. Although there might be more those are just the ones I think I've seen myself. I know Homelite made one that was off brand to just can't remember which.

It seems to me the Whacker I worked on was based on a Dolmar.

View attachment 800095

Mark

Looking at the picture, I would agree that this one was probably made by Dolmar, but the one that I saw has a different configuration. The air filter for one thing. It is flat and the rewind is different. I still think McCullough made some of them, but I could be wrong. I just remembered I have two friends who will know if McCullough made them. It may take a couple days to get in touch with them. If I find out I will post on here. One of them used to be a McCullough dealer in the 60s. Tom

I checked with my 2-cycle go-to man and he said Pioneer/Partner, Dolmar and possibly McCullough, not sure. I believe that if McCullough made one he would remember it. So I stand corrected, not the first time. Tom

Wacker (now Wacker Neuson) had the European market cutoff saws chiefly made by Dolmar.
US market saws were a mixed bag: they were chiefly Partner, but some Euro-model Dolmar's hit your shores as well. Never seen a Mac-based one but just because I have never seen a giraffe it means they don't exist. ;)
These days all Wacker Neuson are rebranded Makita.

From what I have seen...

Wacker=Partner and Dolmar

Target=Mcculloch, Pioneer and Oleo-Mac

Everyone of the Wacker/Dolmar saws I see has a good looking piston on the exhaust side and a dusted beyond serviceable intake side, both piston and cylinder. Really wish there was a AM piston cylinder set for the old 309 series Dolmars.

From what I have seen...

Wacker=Partner and Dolmar

Target=Mcculloch, Pioneer and Oleo-Mac

Everyone of the Wacker/Dolmar saws I see has a good looking piston on the exhaust side and a dusted beyond serviceable intake side, both piston and cylinder. Really wish there was a AM piston cylinder set for the old 309 series Dolmars.

Thanks for all the replies. Good information. On the 309 Dolmars, if I remember right the ignition is one to keep if you have to scrap out the saw. I think it will work on other saws, but just my thoughts, remember the McCullough/wacker. Tom

Latest posts

Back