• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Tillotson HK43A Carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbird1983

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Tillotson HK43A carb for sale. This is the carb that came on the original Stihl 036's made in first 3 years of production...This is the original 036 with the tank housing #1125 350 0803...these first generation 036's came with a non-compensating carb & according air filter. Condition of the carb is untested...The plastic metering plate is included. I'm looking to sell, or possibly trade for some Stihl FS75,80, or 85 parts, or even some older McCulloch parts for a Mac140...If interested in buying or trading let me know and we can get er' done. JDBird

That's the one...I've actually been emailing back and forth with tillotson customer service all morning trying to find out if the plastic metering plate can be replaced with a new one...it can't...but they are supposed to send me the stihl part number for that plate so I can keep an eye on ebay...From what I've read that metering plate is the route of all the issues with that particular carb model.

I'm looking to buy an in tact powerhead unit for a Stihl FS75, FS80, or FS85 weedeater. I don't need the shaft so that'll cut down on some shipping costs...Parts that I do need to be included are: Intake with carb & throttle cable tensioner, heat shield, air filter housing, fuel tank...that should about cover it. If the shroud is in tact that'll be a bonus! Let me know what you got!
PS-Muffler is needed as well.

That's the one...I've actually been emailing back and forth with tillotson customer service all morning trying to find out if the plastic metering plate can be replaced with a new one...it can't...but they are supposed to send me the stihl part number for that plate so I can keep an eye on ebay...From what I've read that metering plate is the route of all the issues with that particular carb model.

They're saying it can't be replaced or the plate is NLA from Tillotson?

Well, thanks to Scallyway, I found that metering plate i was looking for, the bad news, It did not affect the way the saw was running.,,,It would fire up and run for a few seconds then backfire and die...unless anyone else can offer me some info that I have missed or overlooked on this Tollitson carb, it looks like I will have to spring for a new one. Any thoughts anyone?

Ask your Stihl dealer for part number....1125 120 7400.
Well, thanks to Scallyway, I found that metering plate i was looking for, the bad news, It did not affect the way the saw was running.,,,It would fire up and run for a few seconds then backfire and die...unless anyone else can offer me some info that I have missed or overlooked on this Tollitson carb, it looks like I will have to spring for a new one. Any thoughts anyone?

Back