Pics from down under

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow dropped the ball on this didnt i.... and to be honest havent cut a great deal of logs lately they werent barking too dry now cant work a tractor to wet how the seasons change . Anyway a few posts i cut in this photo got more to upload but that wont happen today . And cheers to cowboy for reminding me !!! Keep safe all
What's with the dots on the splits?

Well ive slept on this thread for long enough ots a wonder it never got pulled down . None the less had abit of time to take a couple of small snaps of a few posts ive been cutting of late.
Not sure if you blokes in the U.S cut fence posts this way but would love to hear if you do so , or how you do so . Hope all are finding so sanity in this mind blowing time we are going through and i hope these pictures put a smile on your face . There is nothing quite like the crack of a nicely tuned saw in the bush . Im sure we can all find peace in that .
Take care all, everyone safe everyday.

Nice posts. So once you lever the first one out, can to split the rest off with an axe or is there some special technique?
And to ando im not sure how to put both your comments here but any who . Yea just rip your billet right around and ive got a bucket of steel splitting wedges . Drive them in pick on one who looks like he will pop and then you can watch the rest and your driving the wedges make sure they split true and dont slab out . Sometimes ill split one out and saw them all out depending on species and limbs in the wood ect. Thanks for keeping up with this photo collection and thanks for your interest much appreciated . If i knrw how to up load a video i could take on to show you . Stay safe all

Well it's been a long time since my last upload so here is a bit of what has been happening since first photo is a log I was gifted for firewood... chain killer 2nd photo is a load of split posts 3rd photo is a piece of white mahogany set up to mill .

Attachments

• 20210426_075022.jpg
    20210426_075022.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210423_104710.jpg
    20210423_104710.jpg
  • 20201016_172549.jpg
    20201016_172549.jpg
Back