Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While tinkering in the garage, I made a knife from a sawzall blade. Maple handle rubbed with a stain/linseed mix. I think it will be a handy campers knife with the saw teeth on the back.
Here is my VTEC Honda hatch. 5 speed and at least 89 HP at the wheel! It gets slightly worse fuel economy than a Tesla and if you fold the back seat it will hold an armchair or a bicycle or 2 sets of tires! My boys share this car but it's fun to drive on the rare occasions I steal it back.
6273c71c2f67ff4dec69dbe879331ab8.jpg
5599870f2275e34ba7d143392ffa7c1f.jpg
3560165b65c7a6530a5a85c2a6e9f859.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Nice work . I make knifes from time to time.

Busy day outside!

Boys loaded and stacked a cord of wood into the racks. I spent most of the day puttering on saws. It was beautiful, over 50 outside today.

From the earlier pics, I got the 340 dialed in with a new b+c. Then got a new to me 142 fired up and tuned. It needs a new muffler so I’ll mod the new one.

Also fixed a 338 XPT for a friend. Stupid limiters were severely restricting it so they went extinct quickly.

Also sharpened a few chains so we are ready to cut as soon as the snow resides.

There’s one aspen snag I’d like to drop but since the racks are full that can wait till next weekend.

I did clean it up after this.
84BD816C-524E-4826-9B51-638D6C025532.jpeg

While tinkering in the garage, I made a knife from a sawzall blade. Maple handle rubbed with a stain/linseed mix. I think it will be a handy campers knife with the saw teeth on the back.
Here is my VTEC Honda hatch. 5 speed and at least 89 HP at the wheel! It gets slightly worse fuel economy than a Tesla and if you fold the back seat it will hold an armchair or a bicycle or 2 sets of tires! My boys share this car but it's fun to drive on the rare occasions I steal it back.
6273c71c2f67ff4dec69dbe879331ab8.jpg
5599870f2275e34ba7d143392ffa7c1f.jpg
3560165b65c7a6530a5a85c2a6e9f859.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I can appreciate a good knife. I grew up in the generation that carried knives to school and whittled in class. I found this one in an antique store.
54281e5f5258c825be94ffbd17303c8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My called me, had a storm last week, tree root ball came loose and this happened. He called the volunteer state Emergency Service who came out, they said get a professional as it’s leaning if yo cut it it will continue to fall onto the house.
They didn’t tarp the roof either for some reason. My dad called the insurance company who will get an arborist in to remove it. It will an interesting job as I doubt they will be able to get a crane in, it’s a very steep narrow driveway on a battle axe block.
upload_2020-2-23_13-16-53.jpeg

upload_2020-2-23_13-17-50.jpeg

I still have it :rolleyes:, I just have to say no to getting on them.
That's way to much temptation for me!
For me that acceleration is probably like crack to someone else.
View attachment 799861
Sure I don't look that good, but you get the point lol.

Dude I here ya. I still have my SV650, not as fast as the 750 but plenty fast to get into trouble real quick. I still ride occasionally, but as long as I stay away from the mtns I'm not as tempted to cut loose. those twisties are irresistable though. I did go up and ride for a couple days in WNC last spring for the first time in several years. it was ridiculously fun, and we had no close calls or any mishaps. I would like to think i've become a better rider, but we all know it's luck of the draw whether there's a pot hole or some gravel or a car over the line around that next bend..

from 2013 I think, at the dragon...
336759.JPG Dragon 1.jpg

When I put the 427 Ford motor in the Boss 302 Mustang it had a unique sound that some of my friends still talk about.

It just had Hooker Headers into Hooker mufflers, no pipes, but I think the unique sound was the result of the Ford Hooker Headers having smaller tubes than the GM ones.

I raced a Camaro that had open headers and he complained he could not hear his engine over my closed header motor. It was a 69 Camaro with a 350 and 2 - 4s on a Tunnel Ram. He was running mid 10s at the track with slicks, but I made him run me with street tires and I destroyed him. He had challenged me, thinking he would destroy me (and that I would say no) and he was very distraught when he lost. We raced on a Friday night, and he drove straight home after the race (we usually met afterwards at a local hang out) and he did not come back out all weekend!

When I put the 427 Ford motor in the Boss 302 Mustang it had a unique sound that some of my friends still talk about.

It just had Hooker Headers into Hooker mufflers, no pipes, but I think the unique sound was the result of the Ford Hooker Headers having smaller tubes than the GM ones.

I raced a Camaro that had open headers and he complained he could not hear his engine over my closed header motor. It was a 69 Camaro with a 350 and 2 - 4s on a Tunnel Ram. He was running mid 10s at the track with slicks, but I made him run me with street tires and I destroyed him. He had challenged me, thinking he would destroy me (and that I would say no) and he was very distraught when he lost. We raced on a Friday night, and he drove straight home after the race (we usually met afterwards at a local hang out) and he did not come back out all weekend!
Butt soar does that. Racing ego can really hurt!

I think the lack of pipe caused your distinctive sound. My rollback had very short pipes to mufflers with turndowns under the bed and it had a very distinctive thump to it compared to any other FE motor I had ever heard with regular exhaust.

Back