Chap suspenders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffalojim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all. Bought a pair of labonville full wrap chaps and I'm thinking a pair of suspenders might be a good idea to try. Had a few questions. Any preference for Y or X back? Thinking X. 2" or 1 1/2"? Also thinking clip on. Looked at a bunch online and holdups seem to be the most preferred when it comes to clip slippage. There is the small hole from the pin that concerns me a little though. A lot of folks had good things to say about Duluth, Carhartt, and S-penders as well but not sure about the clips slipping. Thanks for any advice

I use 2" "X" style suspenders and Lebonville Cutter Pants and Chaps interchangeably and my suspenders are clip on for the Chaps and the " over the button" style for the pants. The button style never slip off. My biggest issue is the adjustments out front on my chest are the weak point on both. On both styles after a couple hours they slack off and have to be re-adjusted.

Actually I think they have both a plastic and a metal clasp version. Not sure which would be the better of the 2. Was kinda hoping an owner would chime in

I wear suspenders daily. Got real tired of the clip on type coming loose and shooting up toward my face. Granted, I haven't tried every brand or design, so maybe there's something great out there I don't know about. I sew buttons or add the rivet type of suspender buttons onto all my pants. Add some Welch brand suspenders, and I'm all set. I prefer the narrower ones.

That's a good idea. Unfortunately the buckle is way to big to get through a belt loop. But thanks anyways.

Latest posts

Back