Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude I here ya. I still have my SV650, not as fast as the 750 but plenty fast to get into trouble real quick. I still ride occasionally, but as long as I stay away from the mtns I'm not as tempted to cut loose. those twisties are irresistable though. I did go up and ride for a couple days in WNC last spring for the first time in several years. it was ridiculously fun, and we had no close calls or any mishaps. I would like to think i've become a better rider, but we all know it's luck of the draw whether there's a pot hole or some gravel or a car over the line around that next bend..

from 2013 I think, at the dragon...
View attachment 800474 View attachment 800475

I’ve road the dragon. And the snake. The snake is closer so we would go about every weekend at least once. This is my ride collecting dust with a dead battery and hard tires. 96 ninja 1100. Stretched lowered and hard tailed. Straight line bike. Not for twisties. Get your killing on this bike
945dbb45a5983f3e3dcc5a996c4a0f58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve road the dragon. And the snake. The snake is closer so we would go about every weekend at least once. This is my ride collecting dust with a dead battery and hard tires. 96 ninja 1100. Stretched lowered and hard tailed. Straight line bike. Not for twisties. Get your killing on this bike

Hey man we actually rode the snake last spring. It was a blast! pretty recently resurfaced m, smooth as butter. Came up from Burnsville, then went back down and stayed with a friend in Roan Mtn who has a little biker campground thing going, mostly adv riders coming through. Where do you live? That’s a straightline bike for sure, you didn’t ride that on the dragon snake etc did you??? [emoji23] now that id like to see

My sv650 lives for the twisties. Which for better or worse are at least 3 hrs away. But it still hangs out in the shed with tender and good rubber, ready to go. A very faithful bike it has been.

Can anyone ID this wood?
db02e668a130661442f57669c957557e.jpg

1fe719e4f75f81d84575e7f8debcff24.jpg

113def724e79f4d313933a400e1287aa.jpg

Found on the side of the road the other night. There’s few a more I might go back for. Quite heavy, splitting difficultly is medium. Ash? Hickory? Bark seems different than the ash I was working with last year, though the fresh splits have a similar smell/feel. Not really familiar with hickory types other than the obvious shagbark.

Can anyone ID this wood?

Found on the side of the road the other night. There’s few a more I might go back for. Quite heavy, splitting difficultly is medium. Ash? Hickory? Bark seems different than the ash I was working with last year, though the fresh splits have a similar smell/feel. Not really familiar with hickory types other than the obvious shagbark.

Firewood!

Can anyone ID this wood?

Looks like gum to me. If it is that’s some hard to split stuff. Stringy

Not sure what the roads were like but since it was a big sky day up here I headed out around 10am with the Kia to see if the dually would be a go this afternoon .
ejRxspR.jpg

B7BHRy5.jpg

I followed the trail of breadcrumbs right to where I was yesterday :)
cBuLuEn.jpg

What a large day up here :)
a9nvbZI.jpg
0riEGGm.jpg

GEkJcmH.jpg

Drug it out roadside and then went home for a sammich
AFj6Bm1.jpg

Looks like gum to me. If it is that’s some hard to split stuff. Stringy

Yeah I kind of though it was gum, but it definitely split easier than any gum I’ve ever tried, which had always been horrendous.

Hey man we actually rode the snake last spring. It was a blast! pretty recently resurfaced m, smooth as butter. Came up from Burnsville, then went back down and stayed with a friend in Roan Mtn who has a little biker campground thing going, mostly adv riders coming through. Where do you live? That’s a straightline bike for sure, you didn’t ride that on the dragon snake etc did you??? [emoji23] now that id like to see

My sv650 lives for the twisties. Which for better or worse are at least 3 hrs away. But it still hangs out in the shed with tender and good rubber, ready to go. A very faithful bike it has been.

I have rode it on both. Not very fast mind you. What’s funny is watching the Honda groms come across the snake. Those boys have no fear.

This one is about one full cord I'm guessing. It's about 7' diameter and 6' tall, the traditional 10' diameter holds a lot more wood but mine is built on skids so I was limited to the base size. I'm not interested in stacking with a ladder either.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Road both on my Glide with the trailer. Had to change the front rotors in Virginia beach

Latest posts

Back