Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called Paul, he'd have come up to move the Volvo but the dog, baby stroller and driver were walking the paved section and showed up .
She said that she didn't think that anyone was back there , I told her that it is a road and used 24/7 so please don't block the gate ,,, with my polite outside voice, but let me tell you that my inside voice was saying something else lol

Talking bikes now eh?

f201e3c96b186e8c8590454010dec101.jpg
5044de07e68c78f93b6cea54cb525cb6.jpg
b103e0913ba76c3d9a545e17f9ce50b0.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Nice bikes. Where did you get the turn signals for the sporty?

I love the looks of bobbers with big ape hangers on em. Never rode one. May sell this old rocket and build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is with the 12 inch apes that were on it when i got it. I put 16 inches on it but don’t have any pictures of it. Hands were above my head[emoji23]

Super fun bike.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

That is with the 12 inch apes that were on it when i got it. I put 16 inches on it but don’t have any pictures of it. Hands were above my head
emoji23.png

Super fun bike.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM
emoji231.png
And you didn't even tell them about the risers :laughing:.

Yes, Sporting Clays. Wish I was a retired and wealthy. I’d shoot more often
Cool, never shoot them before, looks fun.
The crew today, I’m the guy in green
Your crew would be laughing if I rolled in the 97 Honda hatchback with a curled up cap and a field grade 870 :cool::lol:.
I need to get out and shoot, been too long, other than the chipmunk and woodchuck relations :).

View attachment 800790 Any of ya wanna guess who the guy all the way to the right is??? And that’s his beloved 870 in his hands. Or just guess what he drove there that day....
That guy looks familiar :D.
My BIL shot on New Year’s Day with us, Ithaca pump in 20ga. He’s ALL COUNTRY, surprised a few of the boys how many he broke
Always keep them guessing :cool:.
When I was a younger guy. I did a fair amount of trap and skeet with my 870
Me too, miss it, just hasn't been on the radar for a while.
My boy is getting to the age though.
Had a guy my dad has sold some pea shooters to suggest I do some coaching for the local high school skeet club here in town, they've grown a lot, lots of great kids who are also good shooters. One of the guys who had been coaching them passed last yr, his son and I used to battle it out pretty good when I shot leagues and some competitions, it was a good time as a teen and Andy was a great sport ;). They just have such a crazy schedule I can't devote that much time to it.
This was last yrs team.
Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 10.34.19 PM.png

That’s Awesome!!! I was joking with the two youngest guys today how much I wish our local schools had skeet teams.

I got a pal that shoots for the NYPD Shootimg team, he has them sponsor free kids shooting on Thursday afternoons during the summer there. They have a Thursday night league, 50 shots, before the league shooting my pals Frank teaches kids. It’s all free to the kids, the shells and the clays. He does it for two things, first is to teach kids firearm safety and second is to try and get more people involved in the sport.

That’s Awesome!!! I was joking with the two youngest guys today how much I wish our local schools had skeet teams.

I got a pal that shoots for the NYPD Shooting team, he has them sponsor free kids shooting on Thursday afternoons during the summer there. They have a Thursday night league, 50 shots, before the league shooting my pals Frank teaches kids. It’s all free to the kids, the shells and the clays. He does it for two things, first is to teach kids firearm safety and second is to try and get more people involved in the sport.
Isn't it.
It kept me out of some trouble too :rare2:, although we never had a high school team. There are like 8 or so clubs within an hr of the house so we are in a great location for it, but these kids go much further, too far for this guy to do much with them.
What a meaningful thing for your buddy to do :numberone:.

Can anyone ID this wood?
db02e668a130661442f57669c957557e.jpg

1fe719e4f75f81d84575e7f8debcff24.jpg

113def724e79f4d313933a400e1287aa.jpg

Found on the side of the road the other night. There’s few a more I might go back for. Quite heavy, splitting difficultly is medium. Ash? Hickory? Bark seems different than the ash I was working with last year, though the fresh splits have a similar smell/feel. Not really familiar with hickory types other than the obvious shagbark. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it has to be either elm or spruce :numberone:

I called Paul, he'd have come up to move the Volvo but the dog, baby stroller and driver were walking the paved section and showed up .
She said that she didn't think that anyone was back there , I told her that it is a road and used 24/7 so please don't block the gate ,,, with my polite outside voice, but let me tell you that my inside voice was saying something else lol

Key word. After all, why would anyone want to go out there. Apart from alpha males who need to go scrounge to keep their families warm or any other good reason. It sh!ts me when people just park their cars like this. Just park off to the side, it's a road you imbecile!

Baby brain perhaps? We've all been there when sleep deprived and in bad need of some respite from the madness that is a young'n that won't S TFU. Get 'em out of the house, a trip in the car to knock them out, a walk in the fresh air to keep us awake (or bury the bodies, ha)...

Back