Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWSOME things to come. I figured out how to cut wood on the laser[emoji41]

Test cut (very simple start) was a hammer handle blank out of oak. I know oak is not ideal but for a test it worked fine.

c14316deba6e3a1a4acc8c49b9e5417e.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

AWSOME things to come. I figured out how to cut wood on the laser[emoji41]

Test cut (very simple start) was a hammer handle blank out of oak. I know of is not ideal but for a test it worked fine.

c14316deba6e3a1a4acc8c49b9e5417e.jpg

That's sweet!
Is that a piece of the neighbors barn :surprised3::lol:.

Someone say bears :surprised3:.
Can't imagine how they set the bottom ones, I think the biggest is about 24" :eek:.
View attachment 801137
View attachment 801134
Went to Cabela's since I was out scrounging some scrounging goods tonight. Brought a good friend along for the ride with his son and mine, had a great time.
That's cool. So assuming S Newhouse was the founder or family member of the Newhouse Company that made those traps.

That's cool. So assuming S Newhouse was the founder or family member of the Newhouse Company that made those traps.
No idea, never trapped anything but mice, chipmunks, woodchucks, opossum, and a few cats lol.
Guess we did trap a flying squirrel one time.

It's been muddy here all winter. Ground really hasn't frozen at all.

Same here except the mud is firm, not speary or gooey. I can drive the truck anywhere and not sink in. Haven't had hardly any winter at all. one week with snow on the ground was about it.

I actually saw a Chipper of all things in my driveway las week but i never caught him...

A whole family of them actually!

I saw one in January, been looking out there every time its warm. I almost bought a new scope last night for my .17 relocator.

Now that I have let the road crew know that I will take any wood that no other land owner desires, they will deliver and stack it for me. A donation to their morning coffee fund doesn't hurt either.

Nice scrounge!! I couild get to hate you. They going to feed the stove for you too?

End of scrounging for a few. Truck in the hospital on the back of a tow. 23 miles home. no start. Tow showed up and it cranked like a new truck. Gotta be them dratted safety switches again. Neutral switch. Replaced twice once last fall, relay at bottom of column. 3rd of 4th time. I told them to put a push button bypass in the dash. I understand it is an easy job and bypasses both switches.
Worked on a trailblazer like this. Replace 1 switch a month later a solonoid then a un documented fuse.

On another note the dog next door scrounged up as nice a rack as I've seen for a while. 11pt or so 1 double tine. img20200225_134616.jpg

Worked on a trailblazer like this. Replace 1 switch a month later a solonoid then a un documented fuse.

On another note the dog next door scrounged up as nice a rack as I've seen for a while. 11pt or so 1 double tine. View attachment 801293
That's neat.
Funny looking dog.

Back