Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I brought it home yesterday, told Mama Bear it was a wood hauler not a toy![emoji6]
f2ee4ffca14d7079acf155c5a33bffdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice.
Go Honda :rock:.
Does that have the 680 in it.

That's what I'm trying to avoid!!!! been getting utility cuts from the side of the road,,, (remember the Asian cork tree!!??) and there are a bunch of hardwood logs, trunks etc down, that I've been picking thru, some of which the bark/core looks familiar, but I just wanted to know what they are... I'm sure most was planted by bird droppings... Just thought there would be a site someplace that IDed by bark/core pictures,,, but I can't find anything online...

AWSOME things to come. I figured out how to cut wood on the laser[emoji41]

Test cut (very simple start) was a hammer handle blank out of oak. I know oak is not ideal but for a test it worked fine.

c14316deba6e3a1a4acc8c49b9e5417e.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

cool!!

How thick of wood can you cut?

That's what I'm trying to avoid!!!! been getting utility cuts from the side of teh road,,, remember the Asian cork tree!!??) and there are a bunch of hardwood logs, trunks etc down, that I been picking thru, some of which the bark/core looks familiar, but I jst wanrted to know what they are... I'm sure most was planted by bird droppings... Just thought there would be a site someplace that IDed by bark/core pictures,,, but I can't find anything online...
Post some pics John. One of us know it all's might be able to help.:laugh: One guy knows spruce like the back of his hand.:crazy2:

Anyone still not taking covid-19 seriously?
- state of emergency declared in San Fran'
-CDC says when not if pandemic declared
-Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria record first or more cases
-Iran has been lying about it - even their deputy health minister has it

-watch them try to monkey hammer gold and silver futures down but expect physical to break out.
-watch bond yields plummet and all manner of financial chaos - the retreating tide will expose those who have been swimming naked for too long now.
-stock mkt is gonna suffer as everyone realises there's a year or so before a vaccine is available and supply lines are breaking down already - Can't prop this shell game up with unlimited 'not QE' without consequences now that the global markets aren't going to be able to soak up and take away the inflationary pressures
-all those pension funds that were tragically reliant on stock gains or already underwater are going to puke
-good luck getting your prescription meds people

I hope we are still around and able to have that beer with Haywire in 6 months...

Cant see it on tapatalk[emoji2373]

You want some oak in exchange for the chain work[emoji16]

Maybe some cut on the laser, that's really cool. I'm certain we could all come up with some neat things to make on there.
Wonder how it would do with wood that had a higher moisture content, that stuff you cut was pretty dry looking.

Anyone still not taking covid-19 seriously?
- state of emergency declared in San Fran'
-CDC says when not if pandemic declared
-Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria record first or more cases
-Iran has been lying about it - even their deputy health minister has it

-watch them try to monkey hammer gold and silver futures down but expect physical to break out.
-watch bond yields plummet and all manner of financial chaos - the retreating tide will expose those who have been swimming naked for too long now.
-stock mkt is gonna suffer everyone realises there's a year or so before a vaccine is available and supply lines are breaking down already - Can't prop this shell game up with unlimited 'not QE' without consequences now that the global markets aren't going to be able to soak up and take away the inflationary pressures
-all those pension funds that were tragically reliant on stock gains or already underwater are going to puke
-good luck getting your prescription meds people

I hope we are still around and able to have that beer with Haywire in 6 months...
I'm already having problems getting my high blood pressure medicine. Out of the 50 mg. Had to double up on the only ones available in 25 mg.

The Sky is Falling, the Sky is Falling!!!
It's not a civilisation killer. It is a killer, it will prick the ludicrous bubbles and expose the absurdly weak systems devoid of redundancy that have not been dealt with adequately by our generations. The consequential damages/losses and deaths will be significant. Prepare or mock, makes no difference to me. None at all.

Post some pics John. One of us know it all's might be able to help.:laugh: One guy knows spruce like the back of his hand.:crazy2:
Well,, I just wondered if there was a site that would show pics of bark/core but no leaves... Most of it is buried in the stacks now...
HA,,, spruce won't help,,, its all hardwood!!!!

Maybe some cut on the laser, that's really cool. I'm certain we could all come up with some neat things to make on there.
Wonder how it would do with wood that had a higher moisture content, that stuff you cut was pretty dry looking.

Laser can cut most anything that light will not reflect off. All about power.

Water content will not phase it whatsoever

cool!!

How thick of wood can you cut?

Well based off of today.... probably 7”-8” or even more. Probably will be maxing out the “Z” axis before the laser will stop cutting wood that thick. cut it on .125” SS condition and it was GRAVY work for it. The thickest SS condition i have is .625”.

Problem will be controlling the smoke when cutting that thick. Today I cut what was probably about inch and a quarter (honey badger don’t care) and the smoke was unbearable within two seconds. My eyes were burning and my nose was burning so bad I couldn’t stand next to it.

I’m afraid to turn on the dust collector because if it sucks up any embers and they get into the dust system you know what will happen....

Brett has seen the size of our shop and that one piece filled almost the entire shop with strong burnt wood smell[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Went to the gym today absolutely reeking of charred wood[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Latest posts

Back