McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tecomec Chainsaw Saw Chain Repair Master Breaker Spinner COMBO

s-l1600.jpg

Brian
I also have a 2 in 1 set up, it works very well on 3/8 and .404 chain with no issues. Pretty cool, its a mcculloch brand. Ebay steal at 35.00!!! A while ago. Part #9192220200225_195630.jpg 20200225_195648.jpg

That one is really nice Vinny, I have one very similar. I find it difficult to use the breaker as it doesn't seem to close on the tie straps very well.

DSC01320.JPG

This is the Woodland Pro kit, I have used this one quite a lot.

Spinner 2.JPG

This is the Oregon set up, I haven't used it as much but it works well. I will have to replace the thrust washers some point as this one had a lot of use. I had to make a handle for the spinner since the former owner had cut it off in order to drive it with a cordless drill.

20191128_123839.jpg

Mark

I have a 12"x12"x2" piece of steel and I use with a small ball peen , I've got the presets from frawley also and they seem like quality parts .
I appreciate the feed back from everyone I'm still up in the air about the spinners because I was born patient with things like peening, I'm glad a bunch of guys weren't saying that chains break loose on them all the time.

That one is really nice Vinny, I have one very similar. I find it difficult to use the breaker as it doesn't seem to close on the tie straps very well.

View attachment 801394

View attachment 801397

This is the Oregon set up, I haven't used it as much but it works well. I will have to replace the thrust washers some point as this one had a lot of use. I had to make a handle for the spinner since the former owner had cut it off in order to drive it with a cordless drill.

View attachment 801398

Mark
That woodland pro looks pretty good, Aesthetically I'd like my rivets to be shiny like the factory ones.
Would I need anything special to make .404 chain?

I have both. The breaker isn't all that necessary but does save time, but the spinner is really nice. I used to peen them as well but the spinner makes a nicer job and it's easier to control the tension.
Either way is great but a spinner and breaker is definitely worth the buy if you spin a bunch of chains up.
The set I have comes from Oregon (Tecomec Italy).

I had some visitors today and while showing them the saws in the attic I found a few more of the 33/35 model saws. One seems rather hopeless...

20200225_140004.jpg

But there was another 33B up there that will get cleaned up and moved over to the museum.

20200225_141332.jpg

20200225_141343.jpg

In addition, I got this 33 cleaned up in preparation to move it over as well.

20200225_135420.jpg

20200225_135506.jpg

The bar cleaned up pretty nicely. The red you see is a reflection from my shirt.

20200225_135527.jpg

Mark

I had some visitors today and while showing them the saws in the attic I found a few more of the 33/35 model saws. One seems rather hopeless...

View attachment 801403

But there was another 33B up there that will get cleaned up and moved over to the museum.

View attachment 801404

View attachment 801405

View attachment 801406

View attachment 801407

The bar cleaned up pretty nicely. The red you see is a reflection from my shirt.

View attachment 801408

Mark
Ahh that one could have been hopeless when you put it in the attic lol. Are you sure you didnt buy chainsaws for a couple of years while sleepwalking ? I love when you post pictures from your attic stash like " well I guess this rare thing was up there?" It cracks me up!

Well, today was a fun day. Finished painting, picked up my nice little Homelite Super EZ, vintage 1977, from my cousin, and went to the vacuum store. Wound up talking to the owner about old saws, wonder how that happened? He said he has an old Mac he took into a local shop about 30 years ago, and they said it was too old to work on. He said he's 76 and his dad got it used when he was a young teenager. I told him I only had a few Mac's and would be interested in it. He took my number and said he would see if it had a model number on it. So, I started at the 1 series on Acres site and just started looking at old saws. Any of the 1-2-3 series would be cool. I've wondered for years what the two big Macs were that my Dad gave to his cousin. Looking at the pics I think they may have been 1-86's. Anyway, it's exciting to wonder what treasure has been sitting under this guys bench? Maybe I'll have something new to post in a few days.

Anyone have a recipe for a pop-up piston in these 10 series saws? This is a pro mac 55. Is the only option welding one or is there possibly a taller piston to use and swap in? I searched, but didn't find much. Thanks in advance. 20200225_111454.jpg

View attachment 801403

View attachment 801404

View attachment 801405

View attachment 801406

View attachment 801407

View attachment 801408

Mark
Mark, How do you clean your bars that clean? Mine has some rust on it and I would like to clean it up nicely if I am going to use it as a display. I am afraid I will take off the McCulloch off it.

Brian

Around here RR rail is scare as well. Of course when you are as hard headed as Brian you don't need an anvil - no matter how much he brings it up, I am not buying his Bultaco nor running his MAC 35.

Ron
Maybe one of these days I will get him to at least ride that Bul. Or maybe the KDX200 or the Sherco or the Goldwing.... Or maybe one of the race bikes.

I do have a chunk of RR rail at the shop, somewhere if it has not sprouted legs. When I am needing an anvil I forget that I have it.

Parts for the 35 should be here tomorrow. May have it ready to run for Ron this weekend. HaHaHa I really just want to get it in good running condition, clean it up nicely and use it as a display, but be able to run it if someone wants to see it run and cut. Not something I would want to work all day. I think after that 1-40 ate Ron that time, really old saws are off his list to run, and don't blame him. This thing looks like it would be really awkward to run. I have never ran a gear drive saw, another reason I want to run it.

Brian

I've never seen one like this, does it do all chain for you?
MS, It will break and spin 1/4, 3/8LP, 3/8 and .404. I really like it. I have used Ron's and it is good, but this one has a die that holds the chain from moving in one direction and that makes things much easier to break chains. I seam to have trouble with a conventual unit centering them to break the chain. With this one it centers the chain in one axis and you just have to center it in the other axis. The spinner is much like a conventual spinner.

Brian

View attachment 801394

View attachment 801397

View attachment 801398

Mark
I see that your mac breaker is a bit different. I know that the one i have superceded one. Yours must be the earlier. I dont have much issue with breaking chain but i dont do that often either. Lining up the rivet can be a pain but that could be my eyes..lol. Spinning with it is great though. 1 full turn and done it seems.

I have a 12"x12"x2" piece of steel and I use with a small ball peen , I've got the presets from frawley also and they seem like quality parts .
I appreciate the feed back from everyone I'm still up in the air about the spinners because I was born patient with things like peening, I'm glad a bunch of guys weren't saying that chains break loose on them all the time.
Ive watched a video of "the chainsaw guy" peen a rivet. I was going that route until that breaker/spinner showed up. I never had any issues, ive also done that on a new holland 451 for many years...still do. I guess you learn when its too much peening at some point or not enough.

Around here RR rail is scare as well. Of course when you are as hard headed as Brian you don't need an anvil - no matter how much he brings it up, I am not buying his Bultaco nor running his MAC 35.

Ron
If it will fit in a pre paid USPS box, do you want a 70 pound piece I see it quite a bit and have a mini anvil made out of a piece.

Back