como se dice "sawmill" en espanol?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My profesor in spanash thought I was asking how to say "Soy Milk" so he kept responding "leche de soya"..... what is sawmill? moto sierra?

aserradero....

...according to Collins Spanish Dictionary. Chicanos probably have a much more colorful term that starts with "la chingada..."

I showed my professor a picture to try and explain what I was asking and he was still unsure! English is a second language for him, so maybe my northern accent is hard to understand. I know I will not be going around telling people that I run leche de soya for a living:D I guess sawmill and soymilk almost sound the same:confused:

The correct answer is:

• Aserradero
or

• Aserrio

Aseradero, I think, would be 'Sawyer'.

Hey, Woodmizer is in over a hundred countries, and I would think they'd be listed on the Woodmizer website.

Let me poke around.....

.......Ok..... C.... Cameroon, Chile Colombia

Costa Rica!

Let's ask Sr. Alejandro Flores at

[email protected]

Estimado Sr. Flores,

Como se' dice la palabra, 'sawmill' en espanol?

Muchisimas gracias.

Maquina de los Arboles

I'll e-mail that to him with the link to this thread.

como se dice

Tree Machine,

Spanish is my primary language, I was born and grew-up in Central America.
When I have a doubt regarding a spanish word...I consult the Spanish Dictionary from the Real Academy of the Spanish Language.
you put one of my definitions in doubt. Es el castellano tu lengua materna? or is English your primary language?
Para tu informacion:
SAWYER es ASERRADOR....meaning somebody who saws wood....alguien que corta o aserra madera

Just for your info...Yo fui profesor (maestro) en la Facultad de Ciencias Agropecuarias de La Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Nicaragua.

Whenever you need help with your spanish....dejame saber......I will be happy to assist....

Best regards:clap: :givebeer:

Sorry my espanol is so basic. I hope one day I get a good handle on the language, wish I had learned at a younger age. My professor always says " it is easy because it is phonetic"...... I can read and comprehend it pretty well, but cant ever seem to put it into words.
So does "Trabaja como operado de la serreria" sound like it will expalin it well enough?

Como se dice....

Cantcutter....is OK. Don't give -up, keep practicing....get spanish written material and read in a loud voice.... until comes clear to you. Practice, practice, practice....that's the key.

The correct translation is:

"Trabajo como operador en el aserrio" meaning "I work at the sawmill"
If you want to say: "I'm an operator at the sawmill" then the translation is:
"Soy un operador en el aserrio (o en el aserradero)"

I'm here to help,

Best regards,

Jorge

Thanks, Jorge! It's a privilege for us to have a lingual expert here. Thank you for stepping forward. My Spanish is shoot-from-the-hip, very unpolished and rudimentary at best. I just love the language, and Central America.

I pray for your country every time one of those whopper hurricanes pounds your shores and mountains.

We should ask permission, from you, to start a thread about you.

For everybody, Jorge teaches at Facultad de Ciencias Agropecuarias de La Universidad Nacional Autonoma, the Center for National Agrosciences in Nicaragua.

Did I get that right, Jorge. Agronomists are very highly regarded in these parts.

Ar eyou doing research, or just teaching? What project is you major focus, at the moment?

Cantcutter....is OK. Don't give -up, keep practicing....get spanish written material and read in a loud voice.... until comes clear to you. Practice, practice, practice....that's the key.

Jorge

Thanks for the help. I hope one day to at least have a strong working knowledge of the language, though I am sure that gramatically I will never be great at it. I don't think I will take any more college courses in spanish though; all that does is lower my GPA. I do have access to Roseta stone and I have Que Tal and the cds that go with it.... I am hoping I can work it out on my own:)

To Tree Machine

Tree Machine,

I'm not really a linguist expert, happens that in High School I did my major in Science and Literature (Spanish of course). Then...as we surf in life, I became very interested in Spanish...

I appreciate your interest in spanish as well your love for Central America...there are so many interesting things to see....and definitively a lot of tropical trees to touch.

Thanks...for your interest in starting a thread about me.....but I think there are a lot of good people who shares our love for nature and trees that deserve to be appreciated much more...I'm just a tree knight fighting to protect and help our green friends to share this tiny jewel that we call earth.

I'm not longer a teacher...I became an ISA certified arborist.... now working in South Florida. However, I try to help others as often as I can....doing tree care demonstrations, shainsaw safety, climbing, etc,. I do demostrations at seminars conducted by the University of Florida Extension Service, Miami-Dade branch.

I'm member of American Society of Agronomy and I'm planning to become a Certified Agronomist or maybe a Certified Crop Advisor. My next step will be to become a Board Certified Master Arborist....as you can see I gor my hands full.

I'm here to help anybody with issues related to spanish usage in the arboricultural industry....and if any may need training conducted in spanish..I would be happy to assist.

Thanks for your nice words.....keep up with learning, another language give us a different perspective of the cultural background of the speakers of that particular language....in any case we can have fun while learning...and that journey would lead us to meet very interesting and special people.

Best regards,

Jorge

To Cantcutter

Have fun while you learn, be like a child while learning the first words...build-up an extensive vocabulary...initially, do not worry about grammar....keep talking with people to practice.

Whenever you need help.....I will be here to help

May the force be with you....

Saludos,

Jorge

Aserradora - sawmill (the actual machine)
Aserradero - sawmill (the place)(sometimes used as operator in conversation (Mexico))
Aserrador - sawyer

Qiuvole vatos

Chicanos probably have a much more colorful term that starts with "la chingada..."

It would probably go something like this..."Hey homes, go get the pinche chingadera, vamos a ser tablas con este pinche arbol..."

Latest posts

Back