GB Rim Sprockets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone here know where I can purchase some GB replacement rim sprockets for my Husqvarna 385XP??Also how can I tell if it's large,small,or standard spline??Thanks for any info fellas I appreciate it.

Thanks Rob.

Check with Jeff Sikkema first. He's the only GB dealer I'd buy from.
Look in the memberlist for jsikkema1 or something like that. His profile has his website address, email, etc.

E-mail me direct at [email protected] and I can send you a scan
of the catalog. Then you can just put your old sprocket on top of
the catalog page to see what size you need. I have found that when you buy the whole GB sprocket system, the spline size may
be different from the original. As a matter of fact, I have been
encountering several problems with selling the GB bars and
sprockets, but if you can get the product to fit correctly, works
well.

Although intended to be informative, I imagine this post will also serve a secondary purpose.

Rob, on how to tell, compare what you've got with what you see on page 2 of <a href="http://www.oregonchain.com/pdf/sprockets/RimSproxFB0601.pdf">this</a> 102KB PDF document.

Jeff's monolithic web site is at http://www.snssawshop.com/ in case you haven't excavated that URL yet.&nbsp; His contact information is right at the top, so you can kill the page loading almost immediately and save the <i>several</i> minutes needed for the images if you're on a POTS modem.

Glen

What secondary purpose? You have dirty pictures on that link you
posted? I would download it, but I don't have all day.
My computer still runs on firewood, and is slower than all of yours

Thanks for the info guy's I sent Fish a email so I can match it up with the GB catalog hopefully,thanks Glens for the Oregon link..And I hope this thread does'nt have a secondary use..Thanks again

Rob.

Rob, you need to just go to your e-mail program and type in
[email protected].
If you go through the AS private messages, I cannot send you anything.
After this deluge of e-mails, I guess I need to try and dig out the GB catalog, and no, I will not print the whole ???? thing and
e-mail it.
I have contacted GB in Au. to check out this thread, so they will be awake in a little while and may help.
Stens sells GB bars and sprockets, as well as Carlton chain.
Jackssmallengines sells Stens stuff, so check them out

Thanks Fish I sent you a email from my address,hopefully it works ok..I was'nt asking you to scan the whole catalog just the part with rim sprockets for my 385XP thats all..Thanks again

Later Rob.

Slower Fish?&nbsp; Mine's a Pentium II at 233 MHz.&nbsp; It just occurred to me that if you'd had a letter jacket, it would probably have an "80" or an "81" on it.

When I click on the email address you gave (as it's presented to me in the web page) I get a netscape messenger compose window.&nbsp; I wonder what Rob's doing?

Glen

I see Pierre-Luc still has the server set so that GMT uses daylight savings time (when in truth it does not).&nbsp; He'd told me he was going to fix that.&nbsp; We don't have to suffer the time change in (most of) Indiana, thank God.&nbsp; So this post I'm making at 11:54 AM EST (16:54 GMT) is going to appear to have been made at 12:54 PM EST (17:54 GMT).&nbsp; It's obviously not 17:54 GMT yet...

Glen

Glens we're all set now,when I click on his email link I get a Outlook Express compose message box,but I don't use that so I cut and paste his email address to what I use..

Later Rob.

Amazing how a simple offer to email some info must degrade into basic email usage- 101. Geez, anyone who has used a computer more than 2 days should know how to use email. :rolleyes:

Brian,
stop mooing publicly, the neighbors are getting suspicious.
I know you are reffering to an e-mail you have sent me, but I haven't seen it yet! Send it again. Please.

Why tie yourself to the one source? Herr Manufacturing is the predominant maker of sprockets they brandname for several suppliers.
They have a website. I get mine thru Tilton under the Total brand.

Rims are rims, a commodity. Most dealers should have boxes of them.

pre-cambrian

thought this ol' steam powered puter was old but Mr Fish has a early pre-cambrian model reckon thats almost older than dirt.
y'all know where I might find some canned steam?? like to get some of that new synthetic steam............to power boost this computer!:)

I'm not limiting myself to just one brand it'sjust that I have had very good luck with GB in the past on my 064av,but the guy that I bought them from went out of business about a year ago..

Later Rob.

Latest posts

Back