¿Quién habla español?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
Reaction score
Hablo un poco español para mi trabajo, pero deso aprender más. Entonces, puedo hablar con toda la gente trabajando con mí.

Obviously, I don't speak it perfectly, but I'm incredibly thankful for my Spanish teacher for making communication with five of my coworkers possible. Just one semester was enough for me to begin to converse with them and begin to learn from that foundation.

I'm not saying this to be proud, but my point is to encourage everyone here to learn another language to bring the arboricultural practices that we have learned to others - beyond a language barrier.

Kudos to those who are already so far ahead of me - one day, I hope to catch up. For now, I'm slogging through German so that I can get a job in Munich this summer. If this goes well, I hope to study in Germany for a Master's degree, but that is a whole two years :rolleyes: away. Thanks for the referral, Tom!

By the way, some people have asked if Europe is really as advanced in arboriculture as we hear it is. From what I saw, I don't think so. Sure, Nuremburg, Germany is way ahead with it's ordinance requiring parking lots to have a tree for every six parking spaces. What a concept! Can you imagine? But the reality is that those same trees could be subjected to some brutality by the horticulturalists who do the actual care.

Anyone else want to weigh in on the topics I've brought up? Am I off base? What about others who have been to Europe and could make a different point about tree care?

Nickrosis

Nick, Yo hablo castellano. Aprendi en la Argentina. La forma de hablar es un poco distinto pero se puede entenderse los Argentinos y los Mexicanos. He usado mi habilidad muy poco en me trabajo de arbolista-recuerdas que trabajo solo. Hace 6 o 7 a~nos yo era el jefe de un equipo cortando pinos en la orilla del sur del Gran Ca~non, Todos los demas eran Mexicanos entonces en ese caso use' mi espa~nol.

Muy interesante. ¿Cuando trabajiste en Mexico? Es la verdad, trabajas solo. ¡Puedes hablar in espanol si quieres! ¡A ti!

Me gusta trabajar con los Mexicanos porque ellos son trabajadors buenos. Jesus es el mejor - el piensa y trabaja. Pero, Jesus no le gusta hablar mucho y no le gusta hacer nada. ¡Éll necessita hacer algo siempre!

Cuando di los hombres el libro de la ISA (Guía de consulta rápida de términos de arboricultura, inglés- español, español- inglés), dijeron "gracias, gracias." Entonces, ellos leyeron el libro todo el dia. Estuve contento. :)

Me gusta hablar a ti en español. Pero, no es facíl a mí. ¿Quien comprende?

Nickrosis ("Neekrosees" en español)

Nunca trabaje en Mexico. Trabaje con un grupo de Mexicanos in Arizona. Si , puedo hablarme mismo en EspaNol pero lo hago muy pocas veces. Canto en EspaNol de vez en cuando.

Jesus le gusta escuchar a la musica romantica. Hay un estacion en Chicago y se puede escuchar en Milwaukee.

¡Me gusta mi diccionario de español! Puedo hablar mejor que escribir.

Nickrosis

Internet translation

Nick, I speak Castilian. Aprendi in Argentina. The form to speak is a little different but
it is possible to be understood the Argentineans and the Mexicans. I have used my
ability very little in I work to me of arbolista-you remember that single work. He does 6
or 7 ânos I was the head of an equipment cutting pines in the border of the south of
the Great Cânon, All demas were Mexican then in that case I used my
espânol.
--------

Very interesting. When trabajiste in Mexico? It is the truth, you work single. You can
speak in espanol if you want! To you! I like to work with the Mexicans because they
are trabajadors good. Jesus is the best one - he thinks and he works. But, Jesus it
does not like to speak much and it does not like to do nothing. Necessita Éll to
always do something! When I gave to the men the book of the ISA (Guide of fast
consultation of arboriculture terms, English Spanish, English Spanish), they said
"thanks, thanks." Then, they read the book all the day. I was contented. I like to
speak to you in Spanish. But, he is not facÃ_l to me. Who understands? Nickrosis
("Neekrosees "in españo
-------

It never works in Mexico. Work with a group of Mexican in Arizona. If, I can be
spoken same in EspaNol but do it very not very often. Song in EspaNol once in a
while.
---
Jesus it likes to listen the romantica musica. There is a station in Chicago and it is
possible to be listened in Milwaukee. I like my dictionary of Spanish! I can speak
better than to write. Nickrosis

--
I got bored here.:rolleyes:

Nick -

so much for the spanish here I just work a spanish speaking crew - I do a poor job having communications.

I had a steady job in Munich for a bit over a year. I go there 3-4 timesa year and do "black/permit free" jobs. Language is a plus. How is your Turkish?

On a serious note, I could pass you a few names of employers I know there if you are looking for a job. Staying cental is the key.

With my employer, we worked at Neuschwanstein and Nymphenburg - great gigs. Dachau too.

I wouldn't say that Europeans or German are on the forefront of arboriculture. It is a really good place to study tree mutilation practices.

Green spaces come at a higher value than in the states and consequently, people pay more to maintain them properly.

As far as German cities, I could not imagine anything better than Munchen.

Nate

In case you were wondering, it stopped raining and I left the house again.

JPS, I'm guessing that your translator was a machine. It got reasonably close on most of the words but couldn't handle the grammer at all.
Que Dios te bendiga.

*****JPS used babelfish.altavista.com*****

Like Stumper said, it gets reasonably close. It's German translating is better.

Nate! Buddy 'ol pal o' mine! I'm gonna have to take you up on that. Would you provide a positive reference? At what volume does money have to talk for you to listen? ;)

Central Germany is probably the best....lil bit of Black Forest, lil bit of Bavaria, lots of Mercedes, and great people. Kind of a blend of all of Germany, if you ask me. I heard great things about Munchen, though - never been there, but I can't wait.

"It is a really good place to study tree mutilation practices. "
Mind if I quote you on that? You hit the nail on the head!

"In case you were wondering, it stopped raining and I left the house again."
I haven't slept since. My future Polish girlfriend speaks some Turkish, does that count?

Nickrosis

No comprendo....Que Dios te bendiga.......Viva Sandino

Mi espanol es muy finito. Quierro decir gracias a ti, Stumper. La practica es muy importante a mi. Gracias.

Get a job, JPS! :D Just had to say that...been waiting for a while. :p

Nickrosis

Last thing and I'm promise I won't litter on this site any more tonight. :)

A couple weeks ago, I started "Spanish of the Day" as a fax update along with the Daily Job Report every morning. Pat, a climber, was flabbergasted when he saw it, but he appreciates the value of it.... What do I care about how others think of me or what I do - I do it because I think it's a good thing.

The point was also to help the Spanish-speakers learn more English. Words like boots are surprisingly useful when they're a company purchase at CTL! :)

Nickrosis

Germany

Nick,
While in Germany working, look out for ticks. They are much smaller than most I've gotten on me in the USA. They are about the size of a pinhead and hard to see. Picked them up walking in the wildlife reserve area south of Frankfurt, they mark areas in the reserve to be cut, there was a lot of nice oak that didn't get bombed during WWII and it was not to be cut. The ticks were worse in the pines on privately owned areas. The pines were in trouble I think because there was so little diversity in the trees in the pine growths, all pines and little if any hardwoods, too easy for the bugs to get from one pine to the next. Have fun in Germany.

Last edited:
Geofore, WW11. Eleven? Dang I slept longer than I thought!;)

Nick, Que' Dios te bendiga.= May God bless you.
I have no idea who Sandino is. Long live "whoever he is"!

Back