009 Top Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was at the Tuesday auction yesterday. They only had one chainsaw, an 009. The saws are usually in one of the barns, and for some reason this one got stuck inside one of the closed buildings, between a bunch of boxed collector dolls, and a couple big screen TV's. I usually get nice runners at this sale for under $20, and figured since it was inside with all of the homeowner stuff it would go cheap. It sold for $65. It had an obvious cleaning. Inside any fins and tight spots there was black grease/oil build up. Are these little bugger that nice?

No, not really.
Hey....I have one and while I haven't actually used it for anything, it is probably the coolest sounding saw I have if that counts for anything. Seems to cut well, I think just for those two reasons, the 009 should be way more valuable.

Stihl kept it in their lineup for a long time, until the 017 finally run it out of the cheapest Stihl. They are a pain to work on, and parts are getting hard to find.

I got an 009L I like it pretty well specially as it was free but I wouldn't have gone out my way lookin to buy one though.
But it is a decent little saw with ok power and has one heck of a poppin idle like no other!

Back