• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 024 Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mels

St. Peter's Lodge #21 New Milford, CT
Reaction score
This is the one nut 024 I ran up this past Saturday morning to bring Home. Bought the saw only because I needed (ok, I wanted) the case, as evidenced by my WTB thread I've been looking for one for way too long, and this was a package deal :crazy:

I need to sell the saw, not for any other reason than the more I look it over the more I'm wanting to keep it - and I honestly have absolutely no business adding another one to inventory. I mean, have you seen my garage pics for crying out loud?!

This 024 is clean clean clean. Pics are of the saw exactly as I received it (aside from pulling the plug to pull a compression test) I haven't done or touched anything else on it. If you look closely at the plastics there's a bunch of dark specks which appear to be paint splatter. Those same specks are inside the case the saw came in. Sheesh, why even have a case if you ain't gonna use it? I have some mechanics wipes that I'll try briefly to remove those specks with, but I'm not going to risk damaging them if those specks don't come right off.

I haven't run the saw outside of having the seller start it up for me Saturday morning so while I can tell you it started right up cold and idled nice with a snappy throttle too, I can't comment on how it runs in wood because he didn't have anything to work it in.

Pulling a compression test just now probably wasn't a great idea as I'm feeling it in my still healing gut so I won't attempt starting it up to run it anything myself. 175 psi, by the way.

Saw is sold as-is in the condition represented in these pics. I'll leave the enjoyment of cleaning it to the buyer, though I might not be able to help myself if I find my way to the air gun...

$250.00 plus shipping PHO, $275.00 plus shipping w/bar in pic and the three chains which came with the saw. Price is firm.

Saw will be listed locally for 25 bucks more.

Enjoy the pics, if there are any areas of this saw you'd like additional pics or close-ups of, let me know and I'll do my best to turn 'em right around for you.

Albany 024 003.JPG Albany 024 004.JPG Albany 024 005.JPG Albany 024 006.JPG Albany 024 007.JPG Albany 024 008.JPG Albany 024 009.JPG Albany 024 010.JPG

This is the one nut 024 I ran up this past Saturday morning to bring Home. Bought the saw only because I needed (ok, I wanted) the case, as evidenced by my WTB thread I've been looking for one for way too long, and this was a package deal :crazy:

I need to sell the saw, not for any other reason than the more I look it over the more I'm wanting to keep it - and I honestly have absolutely no business adding another one to inventory. I mean, have you seen my garage pics for crying out loud?!

This 024 is clean clean clean. Pics are of the saw exactly as I received it (aside from pulling the plug to pull a compression test) I haven't done or touched anything else on it. If you look closely at the plastics there's a bunch of dark specks which appear to be paint splatter. Those same specks are inside the case the saw came in. Sheesh, why even have a case if you ain't gonna use it? I have some mechanics wipes that I'll try briefly to remove those specks with, but I'm not going to risk damaging them if those specks don't come right off.

I haven't run the saw outside of having the seller start it up for me Saturday morning so while I can tell you it started right up cold and idled nice with a snappy throttle too, I can't comment on how it runs in wood because he didn't have anything to work it in.

Pulling a compression test just now probably wasn't a great idea as I'm feeling it in my still healing gut so I won't attempt starting it up to run it anything myself. 175 psi, by the way.

Saw is sold as-is in the condition represented in these pics. I'll leave the enjoyment of cleaning it to the buyer, though I might not be able to help myself if I find my way to the air gun...

$250.00 plus shipping PHO, $275.00 plus shipping w/bar in pic and the three chains which came with the saw. Price is firm.

Saw will be listed locally for 25 bucks more.

Enjoy the pics, if there are any areas of this saw you'd like additional pics or close-ups of, let me know and I'll do my best to turn 'em right around for you.

View attachment 446366 View attachment 446367 View attachment 446368 View attachment 446369 View attachment 446370 View attachment 446371 View attachment 446372 View attachment 446373

Nice, Nice, Nice. If I didn't already have, let's see, carry the one, oh the he!l with it- I've already lost count. GLWS- Not that you should need it with this one.

Well I couldn't help myself...

Grabbed the air gun, pulled the bar and plastics and went to town today. Stuff blew out pretty easy, wiped it all down nice and she's good to go. Noticed the spur has some what I think is excessive wear so I'll get a new one of those Monday along with a sparkplug and a new style air filter.

Bar is worn pretty bad behind the sprocket, so at this point sale is PHO. Worn bad enough that I don't think it can be salvaged. Weird, it's only about about an inch and a half of real deep wear. Rest of the bar looks really good. What causes that?

Coil wire is grey rather than black, and has a decent sleeve. Anyone know if this is OEM from back then or has it been replaced? Here's a pic of that wire:

albany 024 coil wire.JPG

Latest posts

Back