025 hot saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihldragon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I dug this saw up in the woods and it has been a work in progress. It had a crack in the crankcase pan, and the engine base was fried on the PTO side as I well, hints why it was abandoned. Starter assembly, ignition coil, oiler, carburetor, lines and seals all rotted out from sitting in the woods for 20 years. So I rebuilt it to stock form and ran it really hard all summer without a single breakdown. Last week when I was cleaning it, I decided to go ahead and get into some modding. While I was looking through the shop for intake options, I discovered that the TS400 intake is quite compatible, chopped up of course! Since the choke lever can no longer go into the off position, I installed a kill switch on the top right corner of the flywheel cover. Between that and the muffler mod, the gains are substantial. With that said, it still needs port work, timing, and a tuned pipe. Have a look at that intake mod.IMG_20191108_162936.jpg IMG_20191108_154711.jpg IMG_20191108_162911.jpg IMG_20191108_162847.jpg

Back