025 Stripped Screws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well I guess that I let the cat out of the bag. My 025 Stihl has 2 stripped screws that hold the recoil in place. I was wondering what could be a solution without doing more damage to what is left of the nylon threads.Possibly a threaded rod with JB weld and securing the recoil with nuts?Any suggestions? Thanks Ken

Well I guess that I let the cat out of the bag. My 025 Stihl has 2 stripped screws that hold the recoil in place. I was wondering what could be a solution without doing more damage to what is left of the nylon threads.Possibly a threaded rod with JB weld and securing the recoil with nuts?Any suggestions? Thanks Ken

No need. Just take the recoil off, put a little JB Weld on a toothpick, swirl it around in the offending holes, let it dry, drill it, insert the self tapping screws and tighten up. You may have to use a tap first if you can't get them to go in. This is not a high torque application.

Tone,Funny that you should bring up JB weld. I have the forward bar mount stud held in place with this concoction. Seems to be holding.So I will whip up a batch and place some in the offending vacancies.Thanks for the suggestion, Ken

I have some thin soft copper wire. Just stick it in the hole insert screw and it will hold from now on. I bought a MS290 somebody had apart and just about every screw was stripped in the plastic. The copper wire put all the screws in good and tight and it was ready to go.
d86.jpg
Solder works too.
Wood inserts work, but you end up with m6 threads.

Texas Mesquite 025.JPG Well, I do not know who to thank first.All are marvelous suggestions however I chose the zip tie method.It worked marvelous. Thank you all for the suggestions.This site is full of wonderful and ingenious methods and information.Speaking of useful information, this site is full of it.Thanks again, Ken
I'm attempting to toss in a bit of humor here.

Latest posts

Back