026/026Pro? or Husky??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh come on big - if warranty service wouldnt turn a profit all the shops would "be backed up for the next 4weeks" in order for the customer to go somewhere else. warranty work turns a dollar im sure just like everything else.

you make a poor excuse for comping stihl at the expense of husky - i simply have little regard for dealer problems as im not one and just want to have a fast saw and husky makes them faster than stihl - thats all i care about.

"If every dealer in the US said we are dropping your product then.." - sounds like you have never heard of capitalism even though you are a capitalist - money talks brother and bulls**t walks - thats the way this country has become the economic locomotive of the world.

Sounds kinda of like a union. Lets say much like United airline mechanics. I am a capitalist. And you do prove one thing. You dont know the problems of a dealer. Warranty does not pay, every dealer knows it.

You are right about one thing you have little regard for dealers. What if dealers had little regard for tree cutters and logger?

We all know who is making the excuses.

my my i am not making excuses at all!!!

why do you do warranty work then if you lose money on it? - you dont happen to do the repairs yourself do you? ...maybe that has something to do with it?:eek:

PS. i have found little advantage from any special regard to the cutter - like what? serve me first before harry homeowner? fix my saw first? the people who have treated me best are the ones who give me the best prices on the best product ie. best bang for the buck.

I don't really want to enter this dogfight.
I'll just add my point of view and thats it.

First off, How much internet sales do you think Husky is getting? Two percent of total? Ok, lets say five. Big deal, is that hurting your dealership? And who is buying online? My guess is that its homeowners, who would ordinarily go to sears or HD and buy a craftsman or JD. How many professionals loggers, etc have computers? Would they wait arround for parts or chain to get to them, when they can go down to local dealer and get it? I don't think so.

So, I think, the majority of sales from the internet are sales that a dealer wouldn't see anyway. Whats the problem with that? Warranty work. Maybe the company should change policiees on warranty work to compensate for the icrease of consumer and internet sales.

Now, about, the box stores. It mixes with the internet sales. Harry homeowner wants a saw or trimmer. Just wants to cut a tree or trim around some shrubs. He doesn't care what he gets, so why not get him a Husky? Stihl isn't there for him to chose!

Big C, if your right about Stihl making big progress in the trimmer sales, this makes perfect sense to me.

Get back to which is better. 026 or 346?
Thank you for your time.

try getting a good haircut on the net.

if service means nothing to you then buy it on the net.
have you tryed to tradein an old saw on the net?

i don't know why we are having the boot problem here with the 385's. we have called every dealer we know and are all having the same problem. the saws wont idle right. sometimes fast then slow. take the filter cover off and start the saw. move the carb up and bown, side to side slowly. if the rpm's change the boot is likely cracked.

i ask every costomer where thay bought there saw.
oh the net. shop labor rate just went up.
why don't you send it back? because i need it now.
emergency shop labor rate is a little higher.
most of these guys have wasted alot of my time looking at and test runnig every saw in the shop and then buying one on the net.

o66 under $800.00 no problem. if you guys want i'll post all our saw prices, but won't sell a new saw on the net.

if it's broke i can fix it , if i can't fix it then it is truly broke.

later scott

howdy treemonkey - dont do haircuts - my wife does mine and it is the way for me to get the best bang for the buck:)

the service i get from saw shops is usually (not including the expert friends i know) usually know less about the saws im interested in than i do. i already will know what i want by the time i want to buy one. maybe its different for some people - thats the way it is here.

about your service - the price rate goes up?!? - yes - this is what i was trying to get at earlier..nothing wrong with that..its capitalism at its best. nothing wrong with charging more for the guys that buy on the net if they come to you with it is there? its your shop. as far as warranty though - i dont care as its warranty - charge husky what you like! thats the point and thats why i buy saws on line or wherever they are cheapest.:angel:

Originally posted by tree monkey

so whos paying for the warranty work?:confused:

if i charge the customer, he's gone for good. thats not good business for me. kinda like being between a rock and a hard place.

later scott

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tree monkey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so who pays for the extra youre charging? ????ed right they wont be back if they have any sense if its them! i dont think ill pay anything for my warr

i have never charged the customer for warranty and never will.

you missed my point. i was talking about non warranty work when the guy has the, i want it now, attitude.

maybe i'm the one confused.

later scott

why do you people who dont like husky even carry it? cicero and you both sound like you both carry it..why?! im sure your references go to the saw that can make you the most money! (i am just guessing that its stihl) this is the reason i buy on the internet or where ever else...you just never know whos in the good books for the day.

we've been a husky dealer for a log time. it's not that we don't like husky saws. we don't like what husky is doing to us.

are you in any kind of business for your self?

i'm thinking not, ore you would understand how us dealers feel

not in the business - just another consumer user like big c says - hey i feel for you man if you think husky is doing you wrong but why dont you use that expertise that you have as your advantage? many dealers on this site have - ask john walker - he has a website (albeit he doesnt update it very often:p ) you gotta do what you can make money at what works - i know huskies work in firewood cutting for money - and they leave more money in my pocket than stihls and thats why i am partial to them - i have nothing against stihl except for their policy of beign so closed minded that dealers are not only not allowed to sell out of their area but even post prices - thats trying to get a monopoly and trust me you dealers will be worse off in the end off a monopoly than at a consumer oriented market. sure the decisions dont always favour the pro user or dealer but hell in the long run if you didnt know what youre doing you wouldnt be in business - right?!! thats the way the market works!!! as long as we all have what works best for us - what does it all matter? as long as i can get a husky 346xp from the internet and get my husky dealer to service it under warranty for free if need be after i buy it for less than i can buy a stihl 026 and outcut it, great, thats my cup of tea! different strokes... stihl makes some very nice products but they have a lot of stuff going against them in my book. i never said they sucked a$$:) were all out there to make a buck to make for a good life outside of the work.

Hi otto
I will try to explain how the dealer does not make any profit on warranty work.
He doesn't make anything on the parts he uses.The co. will only pay the dealer about 10 to 15 percent make up on them.Out of that percentage the dealer has to look up the part number,order the parts,or pull them off the shelf but it take time to put them there.Now after he take the time to make out the payment for his parts that 15% is gone.
They also get paid a flat rate time for there labor.This is not how long it take them to repair your item but how long the co.says that it should take.I was never very clear on how the company's made up these times but 99% of the time it will take them a lot longer.I think they time study a trained octopus with air tools in each tentacle,see how long it takes him to do the job and then divide the time in half.Then there is the time it takes you to tell the dealer what your problem is and other thing like cleaning, parts return, diagnostic time he wont get paid for.
Then there is the problem items.It doesn't matter how good the tech is sooner or later he will get one of these.I worked one time on a vehicle with an intermittent engine shut down problem for two days.I finally found a loose ground wire inside the trunk for the electric fuel pump.I was paid 15 min.labor on that one.So do you still think that the dealer makes money on warranty work?
Later
Dan

Very good points Dan. What about the times when it isnt warranty and the you tell them and they get really pissed. Like low oil or they say the handle just broke, its warranty. Ya ya ya, what ever. Used to drive me nuts. Say you did warranty it and the OEM no claims it. That sucks too. One other thing, how about waiting months for your payment. You paid for the part and now have to wait months for a check? That sucks.

It sounds like the problem is between the companys and their dealers! I own a company and if I'm not paid a fair price for my labor, I don't do the work!

I called two Stihl dealers in my area for a 066 and a 044. They both quoted me $1050.00 and $715.00 plus tax( 8.25%). I don't live in the Middle East so don't haggle, I figure that is the price they want.

I found a new Husky 357xp on line for $489.00 and a new Stihl 046 Artic for $600.00, free shipping on both. I bought them both. My local dealer had the opportunity to have my business and got greedy.

No, I did not ask them any research questions. I didn't even go into their shop. I did all my research of the models for power, weight, etc. on line, including this forum.
Thanks

Bye the way, I would have bought from the local dealer even at a little higher price than what I paid, because I DO believe in supporting local business, but that was total greed.
Thanks

Yeah, some dealers are out of their mind. This is why you have a variety of dealers to choose from. (normally). Cant believe dealers do that. I cant blame you for going the way you did. BTW where did you find a stihl saw online?

Yes there are problems with the company's and there dealers.Most company's dictate to the dealer,they will tell you,this is what we pay you for this warrant claim,you have two choices,take it or leave it.
I am not sure what company you have rufcut but it is apparent that you have no warrant work.
Try to tell someone that purchased a product from you that you will not repair his item under warranty because you wont get paid enough.Then you can see how long it takes him to tell everyone and see how long you stay in business.
I dont blame you for buying on line with those kind of prices.I would have done the same thing.

Darin we forgot about the ones that you dont bother to send in a claim for,because it takes longer to fill out the forms then what you get paid.
Stihl online? Does anyone want a new 036 Pro with a new 18"Stihl bar and chain for 455.00 delivered anywhere in the lower 48?
Later
Dan

Back