026 Find - With a cool history!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

float89

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just thought I would share what I discovered after buying a nice used 026. In the last picture, for any of you boaters out there, maybe even some non-boaters from Michigan, Charlie Winn was a founder of Four Winns boats. I put it together after starring at it and thinking about the last name. I'm from Michigan, the saw was bought in Cadillac (Four Winns boat plant location), and the number above it is a drivers licence number for a Charles Winns as I ran a licence generator the numbers matched perfectly.

Thought it was cool enough to share.

Popped up on market place for $150 and it looked nice so I went to take a look. Well it's nice! plastic still on both tags, even minimal scuff on the bottom. Clearly light use and starts up and pulls itself along nicely. Anyone have an idea on year? thinking early 90's

IMG_20200916_225448.jpg
IMG_20200916_225510.jpg
IMG_20200916_225500.jpgname.jpg

(Name Deleted)
CADILLAC, MI, 49601, USA
Date Purchased: 11/27/1992
Registration Date: 11/27/1992

Awesome! thank you @Tom Woolley, That would defiantly line up with my story as well. Good deal! I really do like the saw. I have the new MS261 and it's far superior in the cutting speed and anti-vibe areas but still very relevant and fun to cut with. The 026 has a 16" bar and will be good for limb/brush work. Have an 034 super as well. Now I need to find a screaming deal on 044...

that is a really cool story and a great saw. know lots of folks with Four Winns boats! I'm about to head up to near Cadillac, but only taking a yellow brick with me (Mac 610) just in case :)

Back