026 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you screw yourself? I don't think so. If the saw is running fine, don't worry about it. If not, you've just begun a learning experience. Part numbers are available in other threads for oversized jets or adjustable carbs.

hey wrw, i'm curious about this....i put a dual port muffler on my 066, and on my 440, and i can just adjust the high speed jet?? yet my 260 has no high, therefore i'd have to change the jets....i think this is just asking trouble for myself, perhaps i should just leave the 260 alone.could you set me straight and kinda point me in the right direction?.............................guff

Guff,
Did you or did you not modify the muffler on the 260? Does it or does it not run properly now? If you're not willing to do any additional work on the saw beyond twisting a screw, you should leave it alone, or get someone knowledgeable in modifications to do it for you.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7881

This thread pretty much gives you an idea what you might be in for.

yeah it shows me what i'm in for alright....it shows me that there are guys like you, stihltech, treeclimber, etc....who give good advice and offer it from experience, then there are those who are set in there ways and give advice on anything other than hands on, then they get pissy.........just because they can memorize something from a ???? book and when asked why they believe so, they fall apart like a paper tiger.......i'm here to get good advice, and it's ???? free...and anyone who would be ignorant to a free education, and find what i have just said offensive, should possibly step off of the soapbox and become a student to the information which is readily available..............i don't mean to be offensive, or pick on anyone in particular, i myself the other day put a post here which belonged elsewhere...if i had spent more time looking for help i would have found it and not made that mistake....so f'n waaa...............get the heck over it...this is a forum, not a phukkin yahoo fight room...........guff

Hey! You bunch of Wannabe's!
I have the fastest 026 Arctic in North America, I JD'd it myself! I just follow it around in the woods. It is 26 hp. with 13" bar and square chain.

Originally posted by guff
i opened up my muffler and am told that because of the new carb....i can only adjust idle speed...did i just screw myself??:blob2:

Guff; who told you you can only adjust the idle speed?

In a later post you said " maybe I should just leave the 026 alone."
I too now wonder whether you did or did not modify the muffler from what you have said. Someone else here pointed you to a thread with lots of information and you came back with a pretty negative response. If you really are looking for help, I think you will find you can catch more flys with honey than you can with vinegar!

Frank

To top it off, my 026 is so fast, that I only have to put in 90 minutes a day to make my 1000$. How much money do you guys make? I am definately the Playboy Logger.
Frank's Planks

Let's see. That works out to be $666.67 CDN an hour which is equivalent to less than minimum wage here in the US of Eh. Maybe you should find a real job so you can afford a real camera, a real saw, some real speakers for your stereo and keep your place above 0 degrees C to boot. Here's my idea of manliness: Kraftsman and Krells.

Hey Doug, that saw looks like it really rocks!. I bet its more exciting to listen to than that boring jazz music you pipe thru those cheap Sears speakers.
John

Back