026 Oiler Odd Behavior

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmctyphoon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just fixed up a nice 026 red lever. It has the old style Oiler in it that is not adjustable.

When you put the saw on its side and open up the oil cap, oil will run out the discharge hose. (Not running of course)

At idle it supplies oil. At full rpms it appears to lessen the oil flow.

I ran about half a tank thru the saw and it used about the same amount of oil, but under the clutch cover was crazy covered in oil.

The vent is clear and works as it should. The oil picked is recently cleaned. The discharge hose is intact with the brass ring.

Besides the obvious, any suggestions or info?

Anyone have advice? Are any of these symptoms normal on an 026?

When you put the saw on its side and open up the oil cap, oil will run out the discharge hose. (Not running of course)

Are you sure that it is coming out the discharge hose and NOT from behind the pump where it connects to the pickup hose?

If it is leaking from behind the pump at the pickup hose you will need a new pickup hose (or figure out why the pump isn't seating properly on the existing pickup hose)

At idle it supplies oil. At full rpms it appears to lessen the oil flow.

These will normally oil at idle. If left sitting at idle for long periods you'll run half the oil all over the saw! This is the main reason that I won't buy these for our trail club.

Besides the obvious, any suggestions or info?

There is an off chance that the pump is full of saw dust which may allow a straight path for oil through it. It may or may not be cleanable. Put up a photo of the pump, both sides please to see if there is a way to non-destructively disassemble and clean it.

Ok, thank you.

I will get to the pump again tomorrow and snag some pictures.

Latest posts

Back